Greater Albuquerque Bicycling Advisory Committee (GABAC)
GABAC Meeting Information
To receive information about GABAC meetings, please contact us.
Advisory Board Members
- Northeast Albuquerque Representative: Mark Aasumndstad
- Northwest Representative: Scott Hale
- Unincorporated East of the Rio Grande Representative: Larry Gilbert
- At-Large Representative: Doug Stiebler
- Southwest Representative: Vacant
- At-Large Representative: Dan Majewski
- Southeast Representative: Ed Hillsman
- Unincorporated West of Rio Grande: Scott Key
- At-Large Representative / EPC: Moises Gonzalez
The City's Bicycle Advisory Committee known as The Greater Albuquerque Bicycling Advisory Committee (GABAC) was created through the Boards and Commissions Ordinance (14-13-3-6) in 1994 to advise the City on the concerns and needs of the growing bicycling community. The Committee is composed of nine (9) Albuquerque residents that represent the following areas: Northeast, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest, Unincorporated East of the Rio Grande, Unincorporated West of the Rio Grande, two at large members, and a representative of the Environmental Planning Commission.
GABAC advises the Mayor, City Council, and City Departments and Divisions on projects, policies, and programs that improve and/or affect bicycling conditions in Albuquerque.
GABAC is interested in helping to make bicycling a viable transportation choice by encouraging active participation in policy and planning efforts through all levels of government. Build a more inclusive bicycling community by representing the needs of the diverse population of bicyclists in the city.
Committee meetings are open to the public and are generally held from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on the second Monday of every month in room 304 in Old City Hall, 400 Marquette NW.
Boards and Commissions
If interested in becoming a GABAC member, please apply here