New Employee Orientation
We are pleased that you have chosen a career at the City of Albuquerque. By joining us as a new employee, you will learn the inner workings of City government, meet interesting people, and most importantly make a difference in the Albuquerque community. Working for the City of Albuquerque is more than just a job.
We would like to take this time to welcome you and help make your transition to the City of Albuquerque as simple as possible. We have developed this web page to provide you with information to guide you through the new employee process.
New Employee Orientation includes information on:
- City Government Structure
- Veteran's Affairs
- Risk Management
- Ethics and Values
- Substance Abuse Policy
- Terms of Employment
- American's with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA)
- Security Services
- Insurance and Benefits
- Human Rights
What to Bring to New Employee Orientation
- Social Security Card or State issued Birth Certificate
- Valid Driver's License or valid State issued identification card
- Voided Check
- Name, social security number, and date of birth for all dependents
- Name, social security number, date of birth, and address for death beneficiary
Employees enrolling family members in the City's insurance Benefits are required to bring a Marriage License and/or birth certificate to establish eligibility for benefits.
New Employee Orientation is from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
New Employee Orientation is typically held at City Hall (1 Civic Plaza NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102). Occasionally orientation will be held at other locations including APD Training Academy, AFD Training Academy, and South Broadway Cultural Center.
Your offer letter will contain specific information on which location you will attend.
For orientations held at City Hall, the map linked below indicates two low cost paid parking lots that accept credit or debit card payments only and two garage structures that accept cards and cash. All new hires will be responsible to pay for parking.
- Map: New Employee Orientation Parking (City Hall)
- Map: New Employee Orientation Parking (Fire Academy)
Lunch is on your own around noon. There are many local eating establishments around most of our orientation locations.
Attire is business casual, please be prepared for your photo to be taken for your City ID badge. Refrain from wearing gray, green, or light blue colored shirts.
New Employee Forms
Once you have received an offer letter, please review the document below which will assist you in completing all of the forms required for employment with the City of Albuquerque.