Office of Administrative Hearings
The Office of Administrative Hearings is responsible for conducting all hearings specifically assigned to it by a City Of Albuquerque ordinance or where and ordinance provides that a hearing is to be conducted by a "Hearing Officer."
The City Of Albuquerque has a large number of ordinances that the Office of Administrative Hearings is called upon for hearings to be conducted by independent hearing officers, city employees, and independent contractors.
Zoning Hearing Examiner
The Zoning Hearing Examiner is now part of the Planning Department.
Chief Hearing Officer
There is no actual or perceived influence from the City's administration and the Hearing Officer has the autonomy in the performance of all assigned duties.
The Hearing Officer has the responsibility to see that all administrative hearings are properly and timely conducted and may adopt and publish rules for the conduct of hearings, not inconsistent with any rules established by an ordinance.
- Vehicle Seizure Hearings
- Handicap Parking Appeals
- Animal Breeder Permit Appeals
- Humane and Ethical Animal Rules and Treatment Inspections and Hearings
- Public Housing/Section 8 Housing Appeals
- Abandoned Inoperable Vehicle Appeals
- Towed Vehicle Appeals
- Solid Waste Fee Appeals
- Food Vending Permit/Suspension/Revocation Appeals
- Restaurant License Revocation
- Vehicle Pollution Management Revocation
- Wrecker Rotation Appeals
- Personnel Board Hearings
- Labor Board Hearings
- Alarm Permit Suspensions Appeals
- Body Art Permit Appeals
- Fund Raiser License Appeals
- Lobbyist Registration Hearings
- Lodgers Tax Exemption and Assessment Appeals
- News Rack Appeals
- Old Town Portal Market Permit Appeals
- Syringe Exchange Facility Permit Appeals
- Swimming Pool Permit Suspensions/ Revocation Hearings
- Weeds, Litter, Snow
Administrative Hearings Schedule and News
Office of Administrative Hearings, 7th floor, Plaza del Sol