Apply for a Grant
The next UETF grant cycle will be FY20-21
Applications will be available early Spring of 2018. (deadline TBA)
On This Page
Every two years, the UETF awards funding to arts and cultural projects dedicated to enhancing our community.
The next two-year cycle will start in April, 2016 with funds available July, 2017. After applications are submitted, each one is reviewed by City staff and then forwarded to the UETF Committee for ranking and selection. UETF Committee recommendations are sent to the Mayor and finally to the City Council for review before final approval.
Following notification of approved projects by Spring 2017, contracts for services will be drawn up between the organizations and the City. Projects may begin after the UETF funding is available July 2017, and the contract is approved.
NOTE: Urban Enhancement Trust Fund earnings vary with economic conditions.
- The UETF FY18-19 cycle total funding continues to be $300,000.
- Applicants are limited to funding request of up to $12,000 for FY 18-19 UETF funds
Proposals for cultural services projects must be submitted by:
- Non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c) (3) and arts organizations or appropriate fiscal sponsor. Note: Fiscal agents that are willing to assume responsibility for the applicant may sponsor one or more organizations that do not have their own nonprofit status. Applicants utilizing a fiscal agent must submit an organizational budget covering the previous fiscal year
- The organization must be dedicated to enhancing Albuquerque’s cultural vitality in the area of visual art, music, theater, dance, history or literature.
UETF funds projects, not operating expenses. Following are important criteria used to evaluate each project.
- All projects must take place within the Albuquerque city limits.
- All projects should have a favorable economic or cultural impact on the city where "Residents appreciate, foster, and respect Albuquerque’s arts and culture."
Projects funded in the past have included:
- Arts/cultural educational workshops at community centers, schools, senior centers, public venues
- Free performances, exhibits or cultural festivals
- Audio, video or electronic productions
- Oral histories, cultural research or plans
- Historical or literary publications or programs
- Applicants are limited to funding request of up to $12,000 in UETF per project.
- UETF is a two-year cycle. Funds become available for services provided under an executed contract after July 1st of the fiscal year.
- UETF funds projects, not operating expenses.
- Expenditures of UETF awards for services shall not violate the New Mexico State restrictions of public donations to private entities.
- UETF is typically not the sole source of funding for most projects. Projects should leverage other funds, in-kind or cash, and the services provided must be equivalent in value to the funding received.
Special Note about Projects Involving APS
Applications which involve student participation at Albuquerque Public Schools during regular hours or offsite travel during the school day must include some indication of APS support. (The letter of support must state that the activity is a constructive supplement to the school's curriculum and that it will be welcomed at the selected or specified school.)
How We Rate Applications:
All applications are rated using a 100 point score system based on the following criteria and points. Applicants must recieve a final score of at least 65 out of 100 points to be eligible for funding.
Project - 35 pts
Quality of Organization - 15 pts
Impact - 30 pts
Budget - 20 pts
Total: 100 pts
SECTION 1: Mission Statement (suggested 50 word mission statement does not count against application word count)
Applicant should provide the adopted missions statement for the organization.
SECTION 2, 3, and 4 : Project Description, Quality of Organizations and Impact on the Community. (suggested 1200 words)
The combined project description, quality of the organization and the projet's impact on the community will contribute approximately four-fifths toward the rating of your application.
Please provide information on who in the community will be served by the project and how the project will enhance the urban cultural environment of Albuquerque. Examples of previous activities that demonstrate the organization's ability to carry out the project, may be provided.
SECTION 5: Budget (budget comment section suggested 100 words)
It is essential that the submitted budget be reasonable, balanced, and represents a fair market value of services for dollars requested. Applicants are limited to funding request of up to $12,000 in UETF funds
The scope of all budget costs should be as complete as possible. Each cost should be a separate line item. Budget items should include:
- The requested funding from UETF
- Funding from other sources
- Detail descriptions of In-kind contributions
- Possible additional expenses
The budget narrative: Should describe briefly how the UETF funds will be used for this project. List all other sources of cash funds and in-kind contribution for this project including city, county, state, and federal grants or contracts for services, other non-profit organizations’ contributions, earned revenues and other community support on the budget form.
SECTION 6 Bio (suggested 200 words)
Description of up to two key Artist/Professional and up to two key Administrative/Fiscal/Fundraising personnel and their role in the project.
All applications MUST be received by the deadline noted at the top of this page. No late applications will be accepted.
What to Send
The organization applying for UETF funding will need to fill out the UETF Application and will also need to submit the following:
All applicants must submit a copy of their IRS 501c3 Letter of Determination as a PDF.
A copy of your most recent fiscal year IRS Form 990 as a PDF.
If applicable, an APS Endorsement Statement.
NOTE: The application has a word limit of 1500 words; please prepare the narrative accordingly. Words over the limit will not be considered. The mission statement does not count against the word count.
Send Via Email
NOTE: Emailed applications are strongly preferred.
Download the Application and e-mail your completed application with additional materials to Matt Carter, UETF Coordinator at [email protected]
subject line: UETF Application FY 18-19
Send Via Mail
Send a completed application to:
City of Albuquerque, Cultural Services Department
Public Art Urban Enhancement Program
P.O. Box 1293,
Albuquerque, NM 87103
Attn: Matt Carter, UETF Coordinator
NOTE: Hardcopy applications must be typed, using a legible font in at least a 12 point size, and include the additional IRS forms and, if applicable, APS Endorsement Statement.
Deliver completed application to the Public Art Urban Enhancement Program office, Two Civic Plaza, Albuquerque, NM 87103, Attention: Matt Carter, UETF Coordinator.
NOTE: Hardcopy applications must be typed, using a legible font in at least a 12 point size, and include the additional IRS forms and, if applicable, APS Endorsement Statement. DO NOT ATTACH ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION