The associated maps, one of the entire City and four breaking the city in quadrants (NW, NE, SW and SE), are meant to be used as a reference to where you live and work in relationship to major roads and highways.
In using these maps to determine your route of evacuations, keep the following in mind:
- Identify the quadrant(s) you live and work.
- Identify more than one evacuation route.
- Know the existing or potential hazards in your area
- Be aware of any road constructions that might effect identified routes
- Get your family involved with know the different routes available
Be flexible with your evacuation route. Maps are a good source of information, but not every disaster is the same. Stay tuned to emergency broadcasts.
An evacuation broadcast will generally tell you when to go, which way to go and most importantly, which way not to go. We do not want people going toward the hazard.