Only in Albuquerque: History Gallery
Interactive & Fun
Free admission for all Albuquerque Museum Foundation members.
The "Only in Albuquerque" history gallery has been highly anticipated during many years of redesign, construction, story development and fabrication.
"Only in Albuquerque" is an interactive, engaging, fun-filled presentation of the history and culture of the central Rio Grande Valley.
Explorers, Postcards, Quilts & More!
- Make your own family Coat of Arms
- Electronically send a Route 66 postcard to a friend
- Create a personal "quilt" of images from the Museum’s collections
- Record your story to share in the Museum and with friends
- Vibrant theatres
- Virtual reality storybooks
- State of the art App, developed especially for our visitors.
Four Galleries of Local History
"Only in Albuquerque" features a greatly expanded story of our city from before written history to the present, set in an engaging, fun, and interactive atmosphere.
Our story is told through four galleries:
All galleries connect to a central gallery entitled "Our Land".
From the Rio Grande Valley
This ingenious design gives our guests with an experience related to our central theme:
- Different cultures
- Interacting with each other in a unique geographic setting
- Shared characteristics found only in Albuquerque and the middle Río Grande Valley
Hundreds of our city's most beloved artifacts are featured, with additional objects recently acquired yet to be unveiled.