Skip to main content

Filing Disability Claims

Information for veterans with service-connected disabilities.

Disability Compensation

Disability compensation is a monetary benefit paid to veterans who are disabled by an injury or illness that was incurred or aggravated during active military service.

These disabilities must be service-connected and the veteran must have appropriate documentation proving that the disability is service-connected. To be eligible, the veterans' discharge or separation must be other than dishonorable.

Disability Claims

Disability claims may be filed through the following agencies and representatives.

VA Regional Office - Albuquerque
500 Gold Avenue SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102, 800-827-1000
VA Compensation Information

New Mexico Department of Veteran' Services
500 Gold Avenue SW, Suite 3107, Albuquerque, NM 87102

VA Federal Benefits & New Mexico State Benefits

500 Gold Avenue SW, Room 3107, Albuquerque,NM 87102

Albuquerque Disabled American Veteran's (DAV) Regional Office
500 Gold Avenue SW, Room 3508, Albuquerque, NM 87102, 505-346-4864

Military Order of the Purple Heart
500 Gold Avenue SW, Room 3001, Albuquerque, NM 87102

  • Carleen Aragon, MOPH National Service Officer, 505-346-4874

American Veterans
500 Gold Avenue SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102, 505-346-4892

American Legion
500 Gold Avenue SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
L. Margaret Sanchez, 505-346-4878

Veterans of Foreign Wars
500 Gold Avenue SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Fred Ortiz, Disability and Pension Service Officer, 505-346-4881

Paralyzed Veterans of America
VA Regional Office, 500 Gold Avenue SW, PO Box 1105, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Richard Martinez, National Service Officer, 505-346-4896