Skip to main content

Resources for Other Complaints

Sewer odor? Need a radon test? We can point you in the right direction.

Exhaust from Smoking Vehicles in Route (Gasoline or Diesel)

Report a Smoking Vehicle or call 505-764-1110

Smoking vehicles in Albuquerque can also be cited by the Albuquerque Police Department, the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Office, or the New Mexico State Police if the officer personally and contemporaneously observes a violation.

Other Smell and Other Air Issues

The following issues are not handled by the Air Quality Program. This is a list of people to contact for your most common concerns. Please contact the agency listed below.

Exhaust from Idling Vehicles

(Heavy Equipment, Diesel Buses, Trucks, etc.)

Idling of Private Vehicles in Neighborhoods

The City of Albuquerque Legal Department offers community mediation services free of charge to community members who wish to improve their relationship with their neighbors on issues like animals, cars, boundaries and property upkeep. This program makes the most sense where two neighbors have a dispute between themselves but there is not a law that requires a specific resolution. This is a voluntary program.

To learn more:

Idling of Unattended Delivery Vehicles

8-5-1-41 Prohibiting unattended delivery vehicles from being left idling.

No delivery vehicle with a G.V.W. rating of less than 22,000 pounds which is left unattended by its driver during pickup or delivery, whether on public right-of-way or private property, shall be left with the motor running.

Contact the Albuquerque Police Department - 505-242-COPS (2677)

Sewer or Chlorine Smell

Water Authority - For 24-hour Dispatch, call 505-857-8250

Sulfur& Sulfide Odors

Natural Gas and Carbon Monoxide Concerns

Natural Gas Company of NM - 888-664-2726

Dead Animal Smell

Industrial or Commercial (Business) Related Odors

For Chemical or Methamphetamine (Meth) Lab Smell, call 911

Outside Albuquerque or Bernalillo County

For outdoor odor and other concerns outside Albuquerque or Bernalillo County, please contact:

Who to Contact for Indoor Air Issues

Questions about Radon?

Please contact the New Mexico Environment Department: 800-324-5928

How to Get a Radon Test

Private Residence

Rental Units

Many of your questions can be addressed by the links above for private residences. Additional questions can be answered by the following organizations:

  • Landlord/Tenant Hotline: 664 Alta Vista St. Santa Fe, NM 87505 - 505-998-4529
  • For City of Albuquerque Housing - See Housing Code Enforcement - 505-924-3450
  • For Bernalillo County Community Services, Housing Division - See BC Community Services - 505-764-3920

Workplace, Office or Commercial Buildings