Skip to main content

Cable FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions about Cable Service in Albuquerque.

Where is Comcast located?

The XFinity Store by Comcast is located at 4800 Cutler NE, # 25, in the Pavilions at San Mateo, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110. This XFinity Store is on Cutler NE between Carlisle and San Mateo. This segment of Cutler is approximately one block north of the I-40 entrance ramps on Carlisle and San Mateo.

How can I reach Comcast by telephone?

Comcast’s customer service numbers are 1-800-Comcast and 1-800-934-6489.

Where do I pay my cable bill?

You can pay your cable bill at the XFinity Store, 4800 Cutler NE, #25, at the Pavilions at San Mateo. However, Comcast does not publish a local telephone number for this storefront.

Can I pay my cable bill by telephone or on-line?

Yes, you can pay your bill by calling the customer service number, 1-800-Comcast. You can also pay your bill on-line by creating an account for this purpose at

Why did my cable bill rate go up?

Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) rules allow Comcast to increase its cable rates in Albuquerque without government supervision. This means that neither the FCC nor the City has regulatory authority over cable rate increases here. If you have questions about increased charges on your bill, you could direct those questions to a Comcast representative by calling 1-800-934-6489 or 1-800-Comcast. If you have concerns that you would like to direct to the FCC, you could do so by mailing your correspondence to the Federal Communications Commission, General Cable Inquiries, 445 12 Street, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20554, or calling the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau at 1-888-225-5322 or TTY: 1-888-835-5322.

I saw something vulgar and obscene on TV, what can I do about it?

The FCC administers the laws and rules governing obscene, indecent, and profane content that is broadcast on television. The FCC explains these rules on its website; see also

The City has no authority to censor programs, but requires public access, local origination, and educational access cable television services contractors to abide by these FCC rules.

Can I submit a complaint against the cable company?

Yes, the City of Albuquerque will submit a complaint on your behalf and work with you and the cable company to try to rectify the complaint. The City only acts as a liaison and cannot force the cable company to refund money or allow free services. Contact the City of Albuquerque Legal Department's Utility Franchise Office for further information 505-768-4500. In the alternative, you can submit an online complaint.

What will happen to my complaint regarding Cable TV service?

The City will submit your complaint with the cable company, whether you have submitted this complaint by phone or online; and the cable company will contact you to try to rectify the complaint. For further information regarding filing a complaint, contact the City of Albuquerque Legal Department - Utility Franchise Office at 505-768-4500.

What if my Cable service complaint is not rectified?

The City will work with the complainant and the cable company as much as possible. The City has no regulatory authority to force the cable company to refund money or provide services above what is in the Comcast Franchise Ordinance and the Customer Service Standards, also known as the Customer Bill of Rights.

However, if you are not satisfied with Comcast’s resolution of your complaint, you may submit a complaint to the Cable Franchise and Hearing Board; the Board will hear your complaint at a public Board meeting and try to mediate the disputes between you and Comcast.