Share Your Opinion About APD
April 3, 2014
Albuquerque City Council President Ken Sanchez and City Councilors Rey Garduño and Brad Winter announce their intentions to give the citizens of Albuquerque the maximum opportunity to voice their concerns and bring forward their suggestions regarding the Albuquerque Police Department at the Monday, April 7 City Council Meeting.
Council President Sanchez requested that all but the most time sensitive legislation be deferred in order to provide as much time as possible for:
- presentations and public comment regarding the Albuquerque Police Department
- concerns surrounding recent events
- opinions regarding the proper use of force
- presentations from community organizers and organizations
Come Prepared to Share Your Opinion
The Councilors look forward to hearing new suggestions, suggestions that have already been brought forth at previous meetings and comments regarding the Police Oversight Task Force recommendations.
Invitation to Mayor Berry
Councilors Sanchez, Garduño and Winter were pleased to hear Mayor Berry’s announcement that he wants to work closely with the City Council, the State Legislature, the Department of Justice and members of the community on this important issue. To begin that dialogue, Councilor Sanchez has invited him to attend the meeting on April 7 so that he can listen directly to the concerns and suggestions of the citizens of Albuquerque.
April 7 Meeting Details
- Meeting Time: 5:00 PM
- Location: Basement of the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Government Center at Civic Plaza, Vincent E. Griego City Council
- Public Comment: sign-up sheet from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM outside of the Chambers
Read the official press release.