Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to the most common questions


Who can I call to ask a legal question or find an attorney?

The City of Albuquerque Legal Department represents the City of Albuquerque and does not give legal advice to private citizens. For non-City government questions or a lawyer to represent you, see the following:

How do I contact the Metropolitan Court and other courts?

How do I find records from a criminal or civil case?

To obtain an electronic copy of a record maintained in a criminal or civil case please visit or contact the appropriate court.

How would I get a copy of a City Ordinance?

To obtain an electronic copy of a City Ordinance, please visit

To obtain a paper copy of a City Ordinance, please call the City Clerk's Office at 505-924-3650. The office is located at Plaza del Sol, 600 2nd St NW, 7th floor. (Map)

How do I take care of a traffic citation?

Visit the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court website or call 505-841-8151.

Who do I contact about public records?

Learn how to inspect public records from the Office of the City Clerk.

How do I complain about a local business?

All complaints against any business should be made to the New Mexico State Attorney General's Office located at 201 3rd St NW, Suite 300. Phone: 505-717-3500 or 1-844-255-9210.

Who can I contact about an issue with my Homeowners Association?

Contact Alternative Dispute Resolution at 505-768-4660.

Who do I talk to concerning a name change?

Visit the District Court website or call 505-841-8400.

How do I report a crime?

Learn how to file a police report online.