Civilian Police Oversight Agency (CPOA)
Information about the Civilian Police Oversight Agency.
File a Report about Albuquerque Police
Download: Complaint & Commendation Form
Police Complaints: What Happens Next?
- The complaint is assigned to a Civilian Police Oversight Agency investigator for a thorough independent investigation.
- The Civilian Police Oversight Agency Executive Director reviews the outcome of the investigation and recommends the discipline to be imposed, if any.
- The Police Oversight Board reviews the findings of the Executive Director for final recommendation to the Chief of Police.
- Chief of Police agrees or disagrees with the final recommendations. If disagrees, the Chief of Police has 30 days to submit a letter of explanation to the Police Oversight Board.
Department of Justice Settlement Agreement
Community Engagement Opportunities
Learn more about the Police Oversight Board Subcommittee meetings, contact our office for more information or view Upcoming Meetings and Events.
- Join us at CNM Montoya Campus for a community discussion with the CPOA/POB on April 11, 2017: Flyer
- Interested in NACOLE this year!? Annual Conference Scholarship Information, Deadline May 1, 2017