If patient is experiencing homelessness and IS COVID-19 TESTED

1. Collect the following information to provide to the EOC:

  • Contact # of Hospital Physician who can be called by the COVID19 on-call Medical Team for Homeless Services to discuss the case. (Dr. to Dr. consult)
  • Hospital case management contact info for monitoring patient and transportation arrangements
  • Patient name
  • Patient’s Overnight shelter preference:
    • Westside Emergency Housing Center (WEHC) - Call EOC at 505-244-8636 between 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
    • Other shelter – Call that shelter to ensure prepared to take COVID-tested patient, if not, send to WEHC
    • Turquoise Lodge – follow hospital protocol for care
    • CARE Campus – follow hospital protocol for care
    • Motel - Call EOC 505-244-8636 between 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
      • If hospital can provide a motel voucher and transportation, please notify AHCH 505-414-0653 of location for follow up.
    • Sleep rough
      • If patient prefers to be discharged to the street, please ask for their general location and who they see for medical services.
      • Call Albuquerque Health Care for Homeless (AHCH): 505-414-0653: 8 am – 4 pm. AHCH will arrange follow up care with First Nations and AHCH Street Medicine
        • If unable to call 8 am-4 pm, please call 505-414-0653 with a detailed message with patient name, COVID19 status, location, name, and their usual medical provider.

2. Call the EOC at 505-244-8636 between 8 a.m.-8 p.m.

The EOC (City of Albuquerque Emergency Operations Center) will set up transportation and emergency housing and connect the patient to follow up care

Please Note: If Patient with tentative/confirmed COVID19 and has complicating health issues

Patients who have conditions that require ongoing nursing care, controlled substances or if the patient is likely to experience substance withdrawal in the next 24 hours, the hospital needs to follow its internal protocol. The Westside Emergency Housing Center (WEHC) does not have medical staff to provide complex care or substance use care.

Return to FAQ Homepage