Save Money & Time: Take ABQ RIDE to N.M. State Fair
ABQ RIDE provides an economical and timely service to the State Fair during the run of the Fair from Sept. 8 - 18. Fairgoers can use ABQ RIDE regular service from any of four Park and Ride facilities.
Four ABQ RIDE bus routes -- Rapid Ride Routes #766, #777, Route #66 and Route #157 -- will drop off and pick up fairgoers at Central and Louisiana.
Additional service in the form of a free, weekend shuttle (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) at the Fair are provided during the run of the Fair. ABQ RIDE will operate a free shuttle from noon to 11:00 p.m. on the Fair’s two weekends (Sept. 9- 10 - 11 and Sept. 16 - 17 -18), except for Sunday, Sept. 18, when the shuttle will end at 10 p.m.
It will pick up fairgoers at the Downs and shuttle them to the Admission booths at the State Fair grounds. On Saturday, Sept. 10, the shuttle will still start at 12 p.m., despite road closures for the State Fair Parade.
ABQ RIDE Schedule Info
View bus schedule information or call (505) 243 - RIDE (7433).
ABQ RIDE Fair Shuttle Map
Park & Ride Service
Fairgoers can use three ABQ RIDE Park and Ride lots for regular bus service to the State Fairgrounds. The most recommended Park and Ride for fairgoers is the closest one to the Fair, the Uptown Transit Center, located at 2121 Indiana NE, just south of Coronado Shopping Center.
The other Park and Ride facilities are located at:
- Ellison and Coors By - Pass (Northwest Transit Center), and
- Central and Unser (Central and Unser Transit Center)
Regular fares apply and do not include admission to the fair:
- Adults - $1 (each way)
- Age 62 or older, disabled passengers, and students ages 10 - 18 - 35 cents (each way)
- Children age 9 and younger - Free
Central & Louisiana FINAL Departure Times to Park & Ride Facilities
To Uptown Transit Center (south of Coronado Shopping Center):
- Northbound Route 157 - Montaño/Uptown/Kirtland - Weekdays - 10:13 p.m.; Friday - 10:44 p.m.; Saturday - 11:05 p.m.; Sunday - 9:37 p.m.
- Northbound Route 766 - Rapid/Red Line - Weekdays - 9:38 p.m.; Friday - 10:44 p.m.; Saturday - 10:20 p.m.; Sunday - 7:46 p.m.
To Central and Unser Transit Center :
- Westbound Route 66 - Monday through Thursday - 12:02 a.m.; Friday - 1 a.m.; Saturday - 12:45 a.m.; Sunday - 11:18 p.m.
- Westbound Route 766 - Rapid Ride Red Line - Weekdays - 9:01 p.m.; Friday - 10:29 p.m.; Saturday - 10:25 p.m.; Sunday - 7:42 p.m.
To Northwest Transit Center (Ellison and Coors Bypass - near Cottonwood Mall):
- Northbound Route 157 - Montaño/Uptown/Kirtland-Weekdays - 10:13 p.m.; Friday - 10:44 p.m.; Saturdays - 11:05 p.m.; Sundays - 9:37 p.m.
To Montaño Transit Center (Montaño Rd NW, just west of Edith)
- Northbound Rte. 157-Montaño /Uptown/Kirtland—Weekdays-10:13 p.m.; Friday - 10:44 p.m.; Saturdays-11:05 p.m.; Sundays-9:37 p.m.
Closed Bus Stops
Some bus stops along Louisiana, Lomas and Central are closed throughout the run of the Fair. These are the routes affected:
#11 - Lomas
- Thursday, Sept. 8 through Sunday, Sept. 18: All eastbound stops on Lomas between San Pedro and Louisiana will be closed.
#66 - Central
- Thursday, Sept. 8 through Sunday, Sept. 18: the two stops west of Gate One, on Central will be closed. The #66 stop at Central and San Pedro will not be affected.
- Noon on Friday, Sept. 9 through close of service on Sunday, Sept. 11 and noon on Friday, Sept. 16 through close of service on Sunday, Sept. 18…for #66 - Central westbound, the two stops east of Louisiana will be closed.
- The stop west of Central and Louisiana will remain open through the run of the Fair for the #66, #766 and #777
#157 - Montaño/Uptown/Kirtland
- Thursday, Sept. 8 through Sunday, Sept. 18: All southbound stops on Louisiana from the north side of Lomas to Central will be closed. Southbound Route #157 are stopping at Louisiana, just south of Central.
- All day, Friday, Sept. 9 through the close of service, Sunday, Sept. 11 and all day, Friday, Sept. 16 through close of service on Sunday, Sept. 18: All southbound stops on Louisiana from I - 40 to Central will be closed. Southbound Route #157 are stopping at Louisiana, just south of Central.
#766 - Rapid Ride/Red Line
- Thursday, Sept. 8 through Sunday, Sept. 18: the southbound stop at Louisiana, just north of Lomas (opposite the Barcelona Suites) will be closed.
- The stop west of Central and Louisiana is open through the run of the Fair for the #66, #766, and #777