Gallery Exhibition Criteria
June 1 is the deadline for the South Broadway Cultural Center Art Gallery.
Staff will select Gallery shows from among applications for the coming year, from March to March.
To have your artwork considered for a gallery exhibition, contact us.
- Community or group shows defined as three or more artists.
- 1 percent for art shows including artists who have been invited to participate or have been commissioned for a 1 percent for art project.
- Theme shows defined as exhibits curated solely by curator.
- State or regional exhibitions.
- National or international traveling collaborations or touring exhibitions.
Right to Refuse
South broadway cultural center reserves the right to refuse, or to allow any display of art which might be offensive to the public.
Due to the high volume of young children touring the exhibits we do prefer non-nude subjects for display, please use discretion when selecting your pieces for the gallery.
Exhibition Content Criteria
South Broadway Cultural Center Gallery Curator will consider exhibitions, including:
- Educational, cultural and of broad public interest
- Economically attainable
- Available during South Broadway Cultural Center Gallery timetable
- Able to fit physically into the South Broadway Cultural Center Gallery space
- Two-dimensional and three-dimensional works are permissible
- Digital installations if the Artist provides all required equipment
Proposals should include the following:
- The name of the group that is requesting the Exhibition.
- A list of the participating members and addresses, phone numbers and email addresses at which each can be reached.
- A description of each artist’s work: medium, size, type of mounting, etc.
- At least three photographs or slides of representative work from each participant. Digital submissions are highly recommended: CD or DVD and or related websites
- A general cohesive theme, medium or subject establishing a consistency throughout the exhibit.
Realizing that the works originally proposed for an Exhibition may sell before the time of installation, it is requested that upon the actual installation there be also a listing of the exhibited works with: