Add to Calendar
From train tours to model train displays to a rock climbing wall, there's plenty to keep everyone entertained.
Schedule of Events
1:00 p.m. - Event Starts, Exhibits and Activities Open
1:00 - 1:45 p.m. - Kick-Off Concert with Pawn Drive
1:45 - 2:00 p.m. - Welcoming Remarks: Dewey Cave, MRCOG Executive Director
2:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Mini Train Rides
Especially for Kids & Families
Kids and families will enjoy several FREE activities including:
- Meet the new Rail Runner Mascot!
- Interactive Train Displays by the Santa Fe Children's Museum
- Chuggington Kids Depot by Amtrak
- Interactive Percussion Musical Instruments with Drumfest
- Face Painting with Jingles the Clown
- Mini Train Rides by A Ton of Fun from 2-5 p.m.
- Hands-on Activities with Explora
- Rock Climbing Wall provided by City of Albuquerque Parks & Recreation
- View the Sun with Solar Telescopes provided by The Albuquerque Astronomical Society
- Event Passport (see below)
Tour the inside of the following trains:
- NM Rail Runner Express
- BNSF Exhibit Train
Model Train Displays
Model trains will be on display in the following areas:
- At the Wheels Museum
- Outside of the Alvarado Transportation Center
- Inside the Alvarado Transportation Center on the seond floor
Trip Planning and Other Information
Learn about transportation, tourism and train safety from organizations including:
- Rio Metro Regional Transit District
- Rio Metro Valencia
- Santa Fe Trails
- North Central Regional Transit District
- NM Rail Runner Express
- Operation Lifesaver
- ABQ RIDE
And There's More!
- Food Vendors - Come hungry! Great food from local vendors will be available for purchase during the event.
- Raffle Prizes - Great prizes will be raffled off every hour. No purchase necessary!
- Visit our Smart Business Partners - Make sure to stop by and learn about these great businesses.
- Bluegrass Music with Pawn Drive - Don't miss live bluegrass music with Pawn Drive from 1-1:45 p.m.
- Free Shuttles To and From the Wheels Museum - Make a visit to the Wheels Museum part of your day.
Event Passport & Map
Make sure to pick up a copy of the 2014 National Train Day event passport. They can be found at the information table as well as in holders on the A-frame signs located throughout the event. Visit the eight stops listed in the passport and bring it back to the inforamation table for a special prize! The passport also doubles as an event map. Prizes available while supplies last.