NOTE: All Goals and Desired Community or Customer Conditions are interdependent and support the Community Vision. Italicized Desired Community Conditions are not included in the Albuquerque Progress Report 2012.
VISION: Albuquerque is an active, thriving, culturally rich, sustainable, high desert community.
|Goal Area||Goal Statement||Desired Community or Customer Conditions|
|GOAL 1 | HUMAN AND FAMILY DEVELOPMENT||All residents have the opportunity to participate in the community and economy and are well sheltered, safe, healthy, and educated.|
|GOAL 2 | PUBLIC SAFETY||The public is safe and secure, and shares responsibility for maintaining a safe environment.||
14. The public trusts its public safety agencies.
|GOAL 3 | PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE||Existing communities are adequately and efficiently served with well planned, coordinated, and maintained infrastructure. New development is efficiently integrated into existing infrastructures and the costs are balanced with the revenues generated.||
24. Existing communities are adequately and efficiently served with well planned, coordinated, and maintained infrastructure.
27. The infrastructure is efficient and environmentally sensitive.
|GOAL 4 | SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT||Guide growth to protect the environment and the community economic vitality and create a variety of livable, sustainable communities throughout Albuquerque.|
|GOAL 5 | ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND ENHANCEMENT||Protect and enhance Albuquerque's natural environments - its mountains, river, bosque, volcanoes, arroyos, air, and water.|
|GOAL 6 | ECONOMIC VITALITY||Achieve a vital, diverse, and sustainable economy in which businesses and residents have opportunities for success.|
|GOAL 7 | COMMUNITY AND CULTURAL ENGAGEMENT||Residents participate in the life and decisions of the community to promote and enhance our pride, cultural values, and resources and ensure that Albuquerque's community institutions are effective, accountable, and responsive.|
|GOAL 8 | GOVERNMENTAL EXCELLENCE AND EFFECTIVENESS||Government is ethical, transparent, and responsive to its citizens. Every element of government contributes effectively to meeting public needs.||
48. Leaders work together for the good of the community.
49. All city employees and officials behave ethically.
50. Leaders cooperate and coordinate with the other governments in the MRCOG region.
51. Albuquerque participates in mutually beneficial cooperative relationships with other governments.
52. Government and its leaders are responsive to changing community and customer conditions.
53. City government and its leaders serve, and are responsive to Albuquerque's citizens.
56. Customers participate in their governance.
57. Financial assets are maximized and protected, and analyzed and reported accurately, understandably, and usefully.
58. City assets are protected while responding fairly to inappropriate City actions.
59. Products, services, and materials are obtained efficiently, fairly, and in a timely manner.
60. City services, operations, and finances are measured and audited as needed and meet customer needs.
61. Competent, well-trained motivated employees contribute to the achievement of City goals and objectives.
62. The work environment for employees is healthy, safe and productive.
63. City staff is empowered with information and have information processing capacity.
64. Rights of way are obtained and managed and their use optimized for the public's benefit with fair compensation for use.
65. City real property is effectively obtained and managed in the public's interest, and disposed of when public purpose has changed.
66. City fixed assets, property, and infrastructure meet City goals and objectives.
67. Departmental human and financial resources and fixed assets are managed efficiently and effectively.