Albuquerque Renaissance Faire
Renaissance Faire- April 30, 2016! - Tickets will be available at the door.
Enjoy food, music, demonstrations, arts, and activities all recreated from the Middle Ages! Renaissance Faire will be returning to the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum on Saturday, April 30, 2016, at the new time from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. The Albuquerque Renaissance Faire is a rain or shine event.
Here ye! Here ye! Lords and Ladies of Albuquerque, get ready for the most loved event in the Kingdom! All of your favorites will return including The Tavern, Commoner's Food Court, Children's Realm, Group Wedding, and Village Shopping. New this year! There will be a Faire Wear Show: Pet Fashion Contest.
Tickets will be available for purchase at the door.
- 11 a.m.- Live Equestrian Showcase
- 12:30 p.m.- Royal Procession
- 1 p.m.- Faire Wear Show: Pet Fashion Contest
- 2 p.m.- Live Equestrian Showcase
- 3 p.m.- Group Wedding
- 5 p.m.- Live Equestrian Showcase
The Faire will be full of fun! Different entertainment can be found throughout the land including Celtic singers, juggling, and magic. Renaissance Village reenacting medieval life to Living History and demonstrations, there is entertainment for all. Stumble on entertainment that has traveled through centuries and over continents as you make your way around the grounds. Witness battles in live fighting demonstrations, watch a mixture of heavy armored combat, rapier, and heavy steel combat. Learn all about fighting techniques, different styles and tactics of the Renaissance.There will also be juggling, Celtic singers, Princess Unicorn, WAMagic and more.
- 10 - 11 a.m. - Devil's Dram - Electric Celtic Fusion
- 11:30 - 12:15 p.m. - Celtic Singers
- 12:30 - 1 p.m. - Gwen Marie-Lerch - Classical guitar
- 1:15 - 1:45 p.m. - Bizarre Magic
- 2:30 - 3 p.m. Da Terra Meiga - Galician folk
- 3:15 - 4 p.m. - Apple Mountain Strings - Folk, Celtic and traditional music on folk instruments
- 4:15 - 4:45 p.m. - Devil's Dram - Electric Celtic Fusion
- 5:30 - 6 p.m. - Devil's Dram - Electric Celtic Fusion
Commoners' Food Court
- 10 - 10:45 a.m. - Skyelark - Celtic and old time songs on the hammered dulcimer
- 11:30 - 11:50 a.m. - Highland Dance Albuquerque
- 11:50 - noon - Juggling by Zenon
- 12:15 - 1 p.m. - Dan Golden - Renaissance guitar
- 2:30 - 3:15 p.m. - Quodlibet - Renaissance choral ensemble
- 3:30 - 4 p.m. - Michele Buchanan - Renaissance Harp
- 4:15 - 4:45 p.m. - Da Terra Meiga - Galician folk
Tilted Tankard Tavern
King's and Queens can take advantage of the opportunity to escape the hard life of running the Kingdom and spend some time in The Tavern. Enjoy food, entertainment, and libations, including mead and ale, for adults ages 21 years and up only. Falcon Meadery, Santa Fe Brewing, Boxing Bear Brewery, Distillery 365, St. Clair Winery, and Bosque Brewing will be serving libations in The Tavern and around the Faire. The Tavern will be open from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Tavern Entertainment Schedule
- 10 - 10:30 a.m. - Michele Buchanan - Renaissance harp
- 10:45 - 11:15 a.m. - Desert Darlings - Tribal belly dance troupe
- 11:30 - 12:15 p.m. - Bizarre Magic
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Devil's Dram - Electric Celtic Fusion
- 1:45 - 2:15 p.m. Sir Loin of Chop - Eclectic one-man band
- 2:30 - 3 p.m. Desert Darlings - Tribal belly dance troupe
- 3:15 - 3:45 p.m. - Bizarre Magic
- 4 - 5:15 p.m. - Sir Loin of Chop - Eclectic one-man band
- 5:15 - 6 p.m. - Tilted Tankard Troupe - Medieval sing along
Princes and Princesses of Albuquerque are invited to rule the land for a day. Wanderland, presented by the Girls Scouts of NM Trails, will be back with fairy tale wand crafts. Enjoy fun activities at the Ye' old Counterpointe of Scouting, presented by the Boy Scouts Pack and Troop 88. Additionally, there will be free face painting, a rock climbing wall and opportunities to Fight a Knight and earn a certificate for your victory.
Join Keshet for workshops throughout the day where children will explore basic dance concepts such as rhythm, balance, shapes, and more. Included in these workshops are Renaissance steps, such as a Reverance, the Saltarello, the Gailliard and the Pavane.
Children's activities are free.
A Celebration of Love Wedding Chapel invites you to have a fairy tale wedding at the Renaissance Faire! Marry your king or queen or renew your vows during this free, Renaissance ceremony. Walk-up weddings will be allowed for the duration of the event, with no appointment required and no wait time. The group wedding will be at 3 p.m.
Faire Wear Show: Pet Fashion Contest
Show off your pet’s Renaissance style! Everyone is invited to enter their four-legged royal family member in the fashion contest. Starting at 1 p.m. on the Battlefield, you can enter your furry Renaissance fashionista to win a doggy gift basket from Groomingdale's or Tailwaggin Temptations. This year's contest will be emceed by Jackie and Tony from The Peak's Jackie Tony & Donnie in the Morning show. Sign-up your pet at the event.
Live Equestrian Showcase
Equestrian vaulting is a long standing tradition that has origins dating back to ancient Roman times. During the Renaissance period, the sport was referred to as “la voltage.” It was a form of drill and agility exercise for cavalry riders. Today, vaulting has progressed into both a competitive and recreational activity. Vaulters develop coordination, balance and strength while performing dance and gymnastics on moving horses.
The Albuquerque Vaulters is an organization, located in Corrales, New Mexico, that has been dedicated to teaching the art of vaulting since 1970. Come watch them perform “Princess Cassandras Adventure” at this year’s Renaissance Faire, and experience the wonderful tale of a young princess in pursuit of her dreams.
Commoner's Food Court
A variety of food trucks will serve your favorite fare along with other concessions of traditional Renaissance themed food including turkey legs, corn on the cob, baked goods and more.
Hear ye, hear ye! Calling all those who love Renaissance Faire goods! Delight in village shopping; featuring handcrafted items from over 35 merchants. Browse through a variety of Renaissance-themed merchandise ranging from pottery, homespun yarn, and skin care products to Renaissance clothing, stuffed animals, and more. Be prepared, as you can be sure to find tons of wonderful items to purchase.
*Please note: The 2016 Albuquerque Renaissance Faire vendors have been selected and all applications are closed.
New this year, spend your nights under the stars with RV camping for the Renaissance Faire. Available two nights only: Friday, April 29 and Saturday, April 30, reserve your space today! Reservations will be accepted until Friday, April 22 at 5 p.m. For more information on rules and how to reserve your space see the Reservation Form.
Tickets for the Albuquerque Renaissance Faire are on sale now. Tickets will be available for purchase at the door.
- General Admission Adult: $10
- General Admission Children: $5
- Children 3 and Under: Free
Tickets will be available for purchase at the door.
Society for Creative Anachronism
Learn more about the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Traveling to the Faire
Learn More about traveling to the Faire from ResortsandLodges.com
- No live steel, regardless of being peace-tied or not.
- No outside food or beverages.