Jeanne Bellamah Community Center Re-Opens
A vital community center in the NE Heights, re-opens after 7 months of renovation. The Jeanne Bellamah Community Center now features a computer lab, new game room, and a 1,200 square foot gym and workout room. All are open to the public.
On Saturday February 8th, 2014, Albuquerque City Councilor Don Harris, District 9, welcomed neighbors and City officials at the Grand Re-Opening of Jeanne Bellamah Community Center in the historic Princess Jeanne Neighborhood.
New features at the community center include:
- A new 1,200 square feet gym and workout room that is open to the public. Furnished with new workout equipment from cardio to weights, the gym is fully functional and open during the day and into the evening.
- A computer lab where students and neighborhood residents can work on homework and various projects.
- A new game room has been added with windows facing the south allowing plenty of natural light to be brought into this room. This is a room where residents of the area can play games, work, and relax.
- The lobby, office space, and kitchen have all been renovated to allow more room for lockers and increased foot traffic throughout the building.
Visit the Jeanne Bellamah Community Center at 11516 Summer Ave NE or online at: http://www.cabq.gov/family/facilities-centers/community-center-locations/northeast/jeanne-bellamah-center/
Hours of Operation
- 8am-8pm Monday - Thursday
- 8am – 6pm Friday
“Serve the Community for Generations to Come”
Councilor Don Harris says, “This truly was a team effort, with the City of Albuquerque and neighborhood leaders coming together to build a center that is user friendly, built with great quality, and has a high standard of service that this community deserves. We were honored to be a part of this project.”
“In this historic Albuquerque neighborhood, we welcome this great new facility and we know it will serve the community for generations to come. We are proud of the work that has been done and without the voters of Albuquerque approving the bond funds, this great community center would not be here today, thank you to the voters for the support of this project.”
Get the Latest from District 9
- Read the latest news from District 9
- Find out when the next City Council meeting is at
- Learn more about important city-wide projects such as the Railyards, Police Oversight Task Force, and East Central
See the official press release.