Passionate about Parks?
August 15, 2014
To all residents of District 8:
District 8 currently has a vacancy on the Metropolitan Parks & Recreation Advisory Board.
If you live in District 8 and are interested in serving on this board please feel free to contact Councilor Jones' office at 505-768-3106 or by email at [email protected].
Don't know what district you live in? Find out!
- 11 member board
- Meets the first Tuesday of every month at 11:00 AM at various locations around the City.
- Members serve for a three year term.
- To keep itself informed of city parks and recreation needs and to serve as a forum for public discussion.
- To encourage the greatest use of parks and recreation programs including cooperation with other agencies and organizations which are involved in providing recreation services for the public good.
- The Board shall recommend to the Mayor policies for overall development of the park system to include plans for additional parks and recreation facilities involving the joint-use concept with the Albuquerque Public School System and ways and means of financing improvements.