District 6 Community Information Available:
- Neighborhood Association
- Regularly Scheduled Events
- Economic and Commercial Organizations
- Historic Landmarks
- Service and Community Organizations
Neighborhood Associations are a great way to be active in the community, proactively address community concerns, and meet friendly neighbors in the local community.
You can find your neighborhood association in this list, or visit the Office of Neighborhood Coordination Website to learn more about starting up a neighborhood association in your community.
- District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations
- Campus Neighborhood Association
- Clayton Heights / Lomas del Cielo Neighborhood Association
- Elder Homestead Neighborhood Association
- Highland Business and Neighborhood Association
- La Mesa Community Improvement Association
- Nob Hill Neighborhood Association
- Parkland Hills Neighborhood Association
- Siesta Hills Neighborhood Association
- South Los Altos Neighborhood Association
- South San Pedro Neighborhood Association
- Southeast Heights Neighborhood Association
- Trumbull Village Neighborhood Association
- University Heights Neighborhood Association
- Victory Hills Neighborhood Association
- Yale Village Neighborhood Association
Fun and Festivals are a wonderful way to experience all the diversity that district 6 offers. Whether you support local farmers at the nearby Growers Markets or head to the International Festival to learn about different cultures, you’ll find plenty to love in the festivities.
Albuquerque VA Growers Market
Between July and October, you can find the VA Growers Market just inside the San Mateo/Gibson gates on Wednesday mornings until 1:00 p.m.
Albuquerque Nob Hill Growers Market
From late May to early November shoppers can buy great produce, cactus jellies, goat cheese, and fresh farm meet at the Nob Hill Growers Market. Check out the website for occasional music events that support the great atmosphere of Morningside Park.
Come celebrate the diversity and cultural heritage of the International District at the yearly International Festival in the Fall. See the music, dance, and color of the local community. Support local communities and have fun at the same time.
Nob Hill Shop and Stroll
Nob Hill Business Association
On Central from Girard to Washington the Nob Hill Business Association sponsors a yearly Shop and Stroll. Dine out, shop, and have fun during a winter celebration. Meet local businesses and learn more about the community in along Central.
A celebration of music, food and fun along the "Mother Road" in Historic Nob Hill.
One night each summer Central Avenue will be filled with live music and entertainment, a car show, shopping, kids' activities, The Mother Road Market, food, Cork & Tap- Beer and Wine Garden, and more! The event will span one mile of Central Ave. This FREE event will make for a great day with the whole family.
For more information please visit the Route 66 Summerfest webpage.
Whether you own a longtime small business owner, are looking to start a new business, or support local stores in your there are resources to learn about economic opportunities and support.
- Albuquerque Independent Business Alliance
- CABQ Economic Development Small Business Resource
- Highland Merchants and Business Association
- Nob Hill Highland Renaissance Corporation
- Nob Hill Main Street
- STEPS (Southeast Team For Entrepreneurial Success)
District 6 has a unique historical and cultural heritage worth preserving and remembering. Visit the National Register of Historical Places for more information.
- Albuquerque Veterans Administration Medical Center – 2 (2100 Ridgecrest SE)
- Aztec Auto Court – #9 (3821 Central Ave NE)
- Davis House – #23 (704 Parkland Circle SE)
- De Anza Motor Lodge – #24 (4301 Central Ave NE)
- Enchanted Mesa Trading Post – #32 (9612 Central Ave SE)
- Hendren Building – #46 (3001 Monte Vista Blvd NE)
- La Mesa Motel – #60 (7407 Central Ave NE)
- La Puerta Lodge – #61 (9710 Central Ave SE)
- Leverett, William J House – #65 (301 Dartmouth NE)
- Luna Lodge – #74 (9019 Central Ave NE)
- Modern Auto Court/Nob Hill Motel – #80 (3712 Central Ave SE)
- Monte Vista Fire Station – #82 (3201 Central Ave NE)
- Monte Vista School – #83 (3211 Monte Vista Blvd NE)
- Monte Vista and College View Historic District
- National Humane Alliance Fountain – #84 (615 Virginia Ave SE)
- Nob Hill Business District – #88 (3500 Central Ave SE)
- Pyle, Ernie House – #102 (900 Girard Blvd SE)
- Solar Building – #121 (213 Truman Street NE)
- Tewa Lodge – #128 (5715 Central Ave NE)
Other Historic Sites
- Lobo Theater
- Classic Century Square
- Frank Peloso Performing Arts Center (Hiland Theater)
- Cien Aguas International School
- US Army Reserve Training Center
- Highland High School
- Wilson Middle School
- Van Buren Middle School
- Bandelier Elementary School
- Emerson Elementary School
- Hawthorne Elementary School
- Kirtland Elementary School
- La Mesa Elementary School
- Monte Vista Elementary School
- Wherry Elementary School
- Whittier Elementary School
- Zia Elementary School
Plenty of organizations in District 6 offer vital services to the area and provide community centers for people to meet or volunteer. Whatever your interest or need, there are service organizations based throughout every part of District 6.
- UNM Center on Alcohol, Substance Abuse, and Addictions (CASAA)
- Enlace Comunitario – 2425 Alamo Ave SE #A
- Family Voices – 2340 Alamo Ave SE #102
- Parents Reaching Out – 1920 Columbia SE
- Rape Crisis Center – 1025 Hermosa Ave SE
- Greater Habitat for Humanity – 204 San Mateo SE, Suite E
- From the Heart Foundation – 300 San Mateo NE, Suite B-2
- American Red Cross – 142 Monroe St NE
- Prostate Cancer Support Center – 909 Virginia NE #109
- New Mexico Teen Pregnancy Coalition – 540 Chama NE, Suite 11
- Animal Humane NM – 615 Virginia Street SE
- Tree New Mexico – 6101 Anderson SE
- Re:Discover Nob Hill