Councilor Rey Garduño and the City of Albuquerque Planning Department are undertaking the development of a Sector Development Plan for the area from San Mateo to Wyoming and Lomas to the southern City limits.
International District Sector Plan Summary
This area is known as the International District. This plan includes the area from San Mateo to Louisiana and will also update the La Mesa (1976) and Trumbull (1981) Sector Plans. The Plan area includes the following Neighborhoods:
Elder Homestead, South San Pedro, Fair West, La Mesa, Trumbull Village and Siesta Hills. This plan will deal with zoning, land use, streets, landscaping and architecture. See the Boundary Map for the International District's zone boundaries
Through the planning process it is possible to change zoning, land use and requirements for landscaping and building design. These changes would occur in order to improve the health and safety of the community.
We will hold a public meeting to review the plan draft before it goes to the Evironmental Planning Commission. Watch this space for date, time and place information.
April Presentation Boards by Community.
- Fairwest Community Concerns and Recommendations
- Fairwest Zoning and Land Use Analysis
- La Mesa Community Concerns and Recommendations
- La Mesa Zoning and Land Use Analysis
- South San Pedro/Elderhomestead Community Issues and Recommendations
- South San Pedro/Elderhomestead Land Use and Zoning
- Trumbull Community Issues and Recommendations
- Trumbull Zoning and Land Use Analysis
Listening and Vision Summaries
- Elder Homestead Area
- Fair West Area
- La Mesa Area
- South San Pedro Area
- Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Challenges Assessments from the Visioning Meetings