Translate Our Site

Commercial Permits

Information about permits for private haulers.

The Solid Waste Management Department issues permits to private haulers for the transport of certain types of refuse, including construction and demolition materials, plant materials (including trees), and materials being transported for recycling. For more information call (505) 761-8100.

In order to place an open-top container on a public street, a special permit must be obtained from the Public Works Department located on the 5th floor of the City/County Building. For further information call (505) 768-2551.

Garbage Bin Enclosure Specifications

It is not the intention of the Solid Waste Management Department to control the design of an enclosure. It is the intent to give the minimum width, length and height for varied types of enclosures.

Download the Enclosure Specifications.

Hauling Permit Application

The City of Albuquerque Hauling Permit application is available online for use of the Cerro Colorado Landfill or the Convenience Centers. The permit is required annually to haul refuse within the Albuquerque City Limits. The hauling permit fee is $12 for the first vehicle and $3 any additional vehicles.

The Solid Waste Department will issue a hauling permit and a permit sticker to be placed on the windshield of each registered vehicle. Hauling permits may be purchased:

  • Cerro Colorado Landfill
  • Eagle Rock Convenience Center
  • Montessa Park Convenience Center
  • Don Reservoir Convenience Center
  • Albuquerque Solid Waste Management Department Office

Please Note:  Hauling permits must be renewed every calendar year.

Download the Hauling Permit Application