Female Who Punched Officer, Released Without Bond

Alexis Mansell was arrested and charged with 2 counts of Battery on Peace Officer.

Alexis Mansell, 21, was arrested and charged with 2 counts of Battery on a Peace Officer after she fought with Albuquerque Police. 

Albuquerque Police Department officers in the Northeast Area Command were dispatched to a families home last night at about 9:30 pm., in reference to disturbance.  One of the residents called police telling us that Alexis Mansell, a girlfriend to one of the residents inside the apartment, was throwing items and being aggressive.  They called police to have her removed from the apartment.

Officers arrived to the complex and began talking to residents and callers who were now outside the apartment.  Officers were getting statements from the parties involved when Mansell exited the apartment and tried to leave the area on foot.  Officers tried to stop Mansell when she punched the female officer and grabbed the hand of the male officer as they were trying to detain her.  The officer gave Mansell several commands to release his hand to which she refused to do.  You can hear this in the video as well.   As officers continued to attempt to place her into handcuffs she continued to fight with officers which resulted in one of the officers fingers getting broken and officers equipment to be damaged. 

Mansell was taken into custody where her aggressive behavior continued the entire time she was in police custody.  Both officers are okay and will make a full recovery. 

Mansell was released the same day without bond and is back on the streets of Albuquerque.  These officers did an outstanding job getting an aggressive subject into custody despite being injured.

**Warning: The lapel video is posted on APD's Facebook page, the video does contain explicit language from the offender as she is fighting with police however this displays her aggressive behavior.  The video also contains a large portion of only audio due to the fight, one officers camera falls from its magnetic mount and the other officers camera battery was ripped away from his uniform and camera by Mansell resulting in that video to be terminated and the equipment being damaged. **