Translate Our Site

Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to the most common questions

    Where is Comcast located?

    The Xfinity Store by Comcast is located at 4800 Cutler NE, # 25, in the Pavilions at San Mateo, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110. This Xfinity Store is on Cutler NE between Carlisle and San Mateo. This segment of Cutler is approximately one block north of the I-40 entrance ramps on Carlisle and San Mateo.

    How can I reach Comcast by telephone?

    Comcast’s customer service number is 1-800-Comcast.

    Where do I pay my cable bill?

    You can pay your cable bill at the Xfinity Store at 4800 Cutler NE, #25, in the Pavilions at San Mateo.

    Can I pay my cable bill by telephone or on-line?

    Yes, you can pay your bill by calling the customer service number, 1-800-Comcast. You can also pay your bill on-line by creating an account for this purpose at

    Why did my cable bill rate go up?

    Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) rules allow Comcast to increase its cable rates in Albuquerque without government supervision. This means that neither the FCC nor the City has regulatory authority over cable rate increases. If you have questions about increased charges on your bill, you could direct those questions to a Comcast representative by calling 1-800-934-6489. If you have concerns that you would like to direct to the FCC, you could do so by mailing your correspondence to the Federal Communications Commission, General Cable Inquiries, 445 12 Street, S.W., Washington , D.C. 20554, or calling the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau at 1-888-225-5322 or TTY: 1-888-835-5322.

    I saw something vulgar and obscene on TV, what can I do about it?

    The FCC administers the laws and rules governing obscene, indecent, and profane content that is broadcast on television. The FCC explains these rules on its website; see also, The City has no authority to censor programs, but requires its public access services contractor to abide by these FCC rules.

    How can I reach the City’s public access services provider?

    The City’s public access services provider is uPublic LLC. You can reach uPublic at 505-243-7999. Its offices are located at 912 3rd St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102.

    Can I file a complaint against the cable company?

    Yes, the City of Albuquerque will file a complaint on your behalf and work with you and the cable company to try to rectify the complaint. The City only acts as a liaison and cannot force the cable company to refund money or allow free services. Contact the City of Albuquerque Legal Department's Utility Franchise Office for further information 505-768-4500.

    What will happen to my complaint regarding Cable TV service?

    The City will file your complaint with the cable company and the cable company will contact you to try to rectify the complaint. For further information regarding filing a complaint, contact the City of Albuquerque Legal Department - Utility Franchise Office at 505-768-4500

    What if my Cable service complaint is not rectified?

    The City will work with the complainant and the cable company as much as possible. The City has no regulatory authority to force the cable company to refund money or provide services above what is in our franchise agreement with the cable company.

    How do I complain about a local business?

    All complaints against any business should be made to the New Mexico State Attorney General's Office located at 5th and Lomas. The toll-free number is 1-844-255-9210.

    Who can I call to ask a legal question?

    For non-City government questions, you can call the Legal Aid number at 243-7871. The City of Albuquerque Legal Department represents the City of Albuquerque. The Legal Department does not give legal advice to private citizens.

    What is the number for Legal Aid?

    Legal Aid is not provided by the city. You may contact them at 505-243-7871.

    How can I file a suit against someone.

    You would want to contact the Small Claims Court at 841-8160. Forms are available at the Metropolitan Courthouse 5th and Lomas to file a civil complaint. Private citizens needing an attorney, may call the Lawyer Referral Service at 505-243-2615.

    How do I file a Civil Lawsuit?

    You may fill out a complaint form at the Metropolitan Courthouse (Metro Court) located at 5th and Lomas NW. Private citizens needing an attorney may call The Lawyer Referral Service 505-243-2615

    The CABQ legal department represents the City of Albuquerque and gives out no legal advice to private citizens.

    How can I reach an attorney I can't find in the book?

    You should contact the New Mexico State Bar at 797-6000

    How can I reach the Public Defender Office?

    Please call the Public Defender Office at 369-3600

    How do I contact the District Court?

    The number to the District Court is 841-8400. Inquire at this number for Parking and Handicap Assistance. The address is 400 Lomas NW, Albuquerque, NM (map).

    How would I get a copy of a City Ordinance?

    To obtain a copy of a City Ordinance, please call the City Clerk's Office at 768-3030. The office is located on the 11th floor of the City Hall Building (5th and Marquette NW). (Map)

    Who would I speak to about Identity theft.

    Please call 768-4500

    Who do I talk to concerning a name change?

    You should speak to the District Court at 841-8400.

    My car was seized for a DWI violation. How can I get my car back?

    If your car was seized for a DWI violation, you should speak to personnel in the Board of Commissions Office on the 7th floor, Room 7077 at 768-4700 (map).

    Who would I speak to about a nuisance in the neighborhood?

    Please call 768-4500.