A series of cultural events throughout the year that showcase art, music, literature, dance, poetry and fashion, against the historical and transportation backdrop of the stunning Alvarado Transportation Center.
The Alvarado Transportation Center (ATC) was built atop the original Alvarado Hotel, incorporating graceful Territorial-style architecture, as well as the culture and history of the beautiful city of Albuquerque. Today, ABQ RIDE still aims to enhance the transit experience for the 13+ passengers and visitors who annually pass through the ATC. The Entertainment at the Alvarado series offers a variety of events at the ATC and has created a hub of entertainment in the heart of historic Downtown.
2013 Calendar of Events
- Thursday, December 5. Christmas at the Alvarado.
- Friday, October 25. Soirée Entertainment ushers in the darkness of the Autumn season with Halloween performances!
- Thursday, October 3. Jackie Zamora and Calle 66 perform music in homage to the Mambo craze of the 1950s. A dance production by Soirée Entertainment will round out the performance!
- Monday, July 8. ABQ RIDE Debuts the Albuquerque Wall of Fame and honors Inductee Dr. George Fischbeck.
- Friday, June 14. National Flag Day. ABQ RIDE will honor its veterans with the Presentation of the Colors and a brass band performance.
- Friday, May 24. ABQ RIDE and Festival Flamenco Internacional Kickoff Event.
- Friday, April 26. The High Desert Pipes and Drums will play traditional music from the Highlands of Scotland.