Information about ABQ RIDE applications for mobile devices.
Available Transit Apps
Find ABQ RIDE-related apps at these app stores:
It is easier than ever to get ABQ RIDE information with smartphone apps.
Taking ABQ RIDE to work, school or entertainment is now easier than ever before. A number of smartphone applications are available to help you easily locate your bus or plan your ride.
Since June 2012, a number of free and for-a-price applications using City of Albuquerque & ABQ RIDE data have popped up for iPhone, Android and Windows smartphone users. The City of Albuquerque data sets were made available by Mayor Richard J. Berry's Open Data Initiative, which encouraged the development of apps and services for public use.
ABQ RIDE App
The most downloaded app is the ABQ RIDE App, currently available for free to iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users. It primarily tells where your bus is within about 30 second's accuracy. It also features bus schedules, fares, ABQ RIDE's website, related websites such as the N.M. Rail Runner and any special alerts regarding Transit. A version for Androids and other smartphones could be available by the end of 2013.
To get a free download of the ABQ RIDE App for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, go to the Apple App store, search for ABQ RIDE, and when the app appears, hit the Install button. Or you can use your QR Code reader to scan this QR Code to go directly to the site.
Other ABQ RIDE-related apps include:
- Hop Stop - free for Apple, Android and Windows users
- Albuquerque-Where's the Bus? - free for Android users
- City Maps by Lumatic - free for Apple and Android users
- Transit! Eleven-Three - free for Android users
- Next Bus - free for Android and Windows users
- Take Me Home - free for Windows users
- Get Me 2 Anywhere - available for $1.19 for Android users (a free trial is also available)
- Transit Times-available for $3.99 for Apple users and Android users
- Where's my Bus? - great website (including mobile site), soon to show the shuttle buses to the parking lots
Where's My Bus Mobile Website
UNM has also developed a website and mobile website for smartphones that tracks ABQ RIDE buses within 30 second's time. It's called Where's My Bus? The website is available at wmb.unm.edu or at wmb.unm.edu/m/ for smartphone users (however, since it is constantly refreshing itself, it may require more data than available on a phone's data plan).