Take ABQ RIDE to the New Mexico State Fair and Save Money and Time
ABQ RIDE provides an economical and timely service to the State Fair during the run of the Fair from Sept. 10-21. Fairgoers can use ABQ RIDE's regular service from any of three Park and Ride facilities. Four ABQ RIDE bus routes, including Rapid Ride Routes #766, #777, Route #66 and Route #157 will drop off and pick up fairgoers at stops around Central and Louisiana.
The most recommended Park and Ride facility for fairgoers is the closest one to the Fair, the Uptown Transit Center Park and Ride facility, located at 2121 Indiana NE, just south of Coronado Shopping Center. The other Park and Ride facilities are located at: Ellison and Coors By-Pass (Northwest Transit Center) and at Central and Unser (Central and Unser Transit Center).
Regular fares apply and do not include admission to the fair; $1-Adults (each way), 35 cents (each way) for individuals age 62 or over, disabled passengers and students (10-18). Accompanied children age 9 and younger ride free.
Additional service in the form of a free, weekend shuttle (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) inside the fairgrounds will be provided during the run of the Fair. ABQ RIDE will operate a free shuttle from Noon to 11:30 p.m. on the Fair’s two weekends (Sept. 12-13-14 and Sept. 19-20-21). It will pick up fairgoers inside the Downs Casino gate (on Louisiana, near Central) and shuttle them to the Admission booths at the State Fair grounds.
Also being offered for the first time ever is the Enchantment Day Pass, especially for fairgoers coming into Albuquerque. It’s a reduced Admission and Transit pass to the State Fair for adults, seniors and children. It includes a discounted ticket to the State Fair, passage on the New Mexico Rail Runner Express and a free ride from the Alvarado Transportation Center to the fairgrounds and back to the Alvarado on ABQ RIDE. The pass costs $7 for adults and $6 for seniors and children. They go on sale on Aug.15, 2014 at all Walgreens pharmacies in New Mexico. The Enchantment Day Pass will be sold through Friday, Sept. 12, 2014.
For schedule information, CLICK HERE or call 243-RIDE (7433).
(Central and Louisiana FINAL Departure Times to Park and Ride Facilities)
To Uptown Transit Center (south of Coronado Shopping Center)
Northbound Rte. 157-Louisiana/Uptown/Montaño— Weekdays-11 p.m.; Saturday-11:40 p.m.; Sunday-10:20 p.m.
Northbound Rte. 766-Rapid/Red Line —Weekdays-9:35 p.m.; Saturday-9:05 p.m.; Sunday-6:35 p.m.
To Central and Unser Transit Center
Westbound Rte. 66 —Monday-Thursday- Midnight; Friday-1 a.m.; Saturday-12:45 a.m.; Sunday-11:50 p.m.
Westbound Rte. 766-Rapid Ride Red Line —Weekdays-9 p.m.; Saturday-8:45 p.m.; Sunday-6 p.m.
To Northwest Transit Center (Ellison and Coors Bypass-near Cottonwood Mall)
Northbound Rte. 157- Louisiana/Montaño/Uptown —Weekdays-11 p.m.; Saturdays-11:40 p.m.; Sundays-10:20 p.m.
Some bus stops along Louisiana, Lomas and Central will be closed throughout the run of the Fair. These are the routes affected:
- Wed., Sept. 10-Sunday, Sept. 21…all eastbound stops on Lomas between San Pedro and Louisiana will be closed.
- Wed., Sept. 10-Sunday, Sept. 21…the two stops west of Gate One, on Central will be closed. The #66 stop at Central and San Pedro will not be affected.
- Noon on Friday, Sept. 12 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 14 and noon on Friday, Sept. 19 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 21…for #66-Central westbound, the two stops east of Louisiana will be closed.
- Wed., Sept. 10-Sunday, Sept. 21…all southbound stops on Louisiana from Lomas to Central will be closed. Southbound Route #157 will be stopping at Louisiana, just south of Central.
- Noon on Friday, Sept. 12 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 14 and noon on Friday, Sept. 19 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 21…all southbound stops on Louisiana from I-40 to Central will be closed. Southbound Route #157 will be stopping at Louisiana, just south of Central.
#766-Rapid Ride/Red Line
- Noon on Friday, Sept. 12 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 14 and noon on Friday, Sept. 19 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 21…the southbound stop at Louisiana and Lomas will be closed.