Please observe the following guidelines for your safety and the safety of your fellow passengers.
Notices posted in the buses are to advise you and are enforceable by law.
- Out of courtesy to waiting passengers, please do not smoke at bus stops.
- Try to be at your bus stop 5 minutes early.
- Watch your step while boarding or exiting bus.
- Never carry open food or drinks onto the bus.
- Never carry a flammable liquid onto the bus.
- Never carry any type of weapon on the bus.
- Always have your exact fare, pass or ID ready.
- Observe the Animal Policy.
- Offer front seats to the elderly and disabled.
- Move toward the rear of a crowded bus.
- Avoid blocking the aisle with objects/parcels.
- Keep children with you seated or in your lap.
- Avoid prolonged conversations with the driver.
- Always use earphones with your radio/player.
- Stay seated until bus is completely stopped.
- Never board or stay on buses for "joy riding."
- Keep your shirt and your shoes on.
- Exit through the rear door when you can.
- Never cross the street in front of a bus you have just exited.
- Do not put your feet on the seats.
Only "service animals" are allowed on ABQ RIDE vehicles. Service animals are individually trained to perform special tasks for a person with a disability, such as guiding a person who is blind or has low vision, alerting a person with impaired hearing, or pulling a wheelchair.
Contact the Customer Service Center (505) 243-Ride (7433) (V/TTY) for information regarding your service animal.
It is illegal in New Mexico to board or attempt to board a bus in possession of a firearm or other deadly weapon.
ABQ RIDE would like to remind passengers that its wheelchair policy requires that all wheelchairs must be properly secured on our buses and vans. This policy is in place to protect the safety of all our passengers. If a passenger refuses to allow a driver to properly secure their wheelchair, that passenger will not be allowed to ride on the bus. Please be advised, this policy will be strictly enforced.
ABQ RIDE is committed to providing uncompromised service to our passengers with disabilities. On March 15, 2008, ABQ RIDE became 100 percent compliant with the Americans with Disability Act and all of our buses are wheelchair accessible. A recent American with Disabilities Act evaluation of the ABQ RIDE bus fleet ranked ABQ RIDE among the best in the country for accessibility and navigability for passengers with disabilities.