Please observe the following guidelines for your safety and the safety of your fellow passengers.
Notices posted in the buses are to advise you and are enforceable by law.
- Stay back from the curb before boarding the bus.
- Enter through the front door and exit through the rear door.
- Before boarding, have exact fare, bus pass or ID ready.
- Be respectful to the bus driver and toward fellow passengers.
- Front seats are designated for passengers with disabilities or the elderly.
- Children must be seated at all times for their safety.
- Strollers must be folded before entering the bus and must remain folded until you have exited the bus.
- Do not block the bus aisle with bags or any other items.
- No pets allowed on the bus.
- Shirt and shoes must be worn at all times while on the bus.
- Please don't eat on the bus. Drinks with lids are permitted.
- No smoking. This includes e-cigarettes.
- No weapons or flammable liquids on the bus.
- No loitering on the bus or at bus stops.
- Violence, cursing, yelling, or abusive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Bicyclists: before exiting, please inform the driver you will be taking your bicycle off the front rack. Please put the bike rack up if your bicycle was the last one on the rack.
Only "service animals" are allowed on ABQ RIDE vehicles. Service animals are individually trained to perform special tasks for a person with a disability, such as guiding a person who is blind or has low vision, alerting a person with impaired hearing, or pulling a wheelchair.
Contact the Customer Service Center (505) 243-RIDE (7433) (V/TTY) for information regarding your service animal.
It is illegal in New Mexico to board or attempt to board a bus in possession of a firearm or other deadly weapon.
ABQ RIDE would like to remind passengers that its wheelchair policy requires that all wheelchairs must be properly secured on our buses and vans. This policy is in place to protect the safety of all our passengers. If a passenger refuses to allow a driver to properly secure their wheelchair, that passenger will not be allowed to ride on the bus. Please be advised, this policy will be strictly enforced.
ABQ RIDE is committed to providing uncompromised service to our passengers with disabilities. On March 15, 2008, ABQ RIDE became 100 percent compliant with the Americans with Disability Act and all of our buses are wheelchair accessible. A recent American with Disabilities Act evaluation of the ABQ RIDE bus fleet ranked ABQ RIDE among the best in the country for accessibility and navigability for passengers with disabilities.