- About 1.3 million pageviews in January 2013
- 258,551 unique visitors in January 2013
- Visitors from more than 150 countries
- 98% of our visitors browse in English
- The website contains about 15,000 pages
The City of Albuquerque website reaches about 230,000 unique visitors each month. That's the equivalent of nearly half the population of the entire City. Whether you're here to pay your water bill or find out where Tingley Beach is located, the City website is open for you 24 hours a day.
The information and photos on this website give visitors a taste of what life is like in Albuquerque and also build a sense of pride in our community. A high quality website also sends a message to people that we value innovation, technology, and clear communication.
Proud To Support Local Talent
CABQ.gov was designed by local web professionals, photographers, and other volunteers using cutting-edge techniques that are leading the way for municipal websites.
- Web Development & Management: City of Albuquerque
- Content Management: Parts of CABQ.gov (including this page) use the open source Plone content management system
- Web Design: Real Time Solutions
We Support How You Surf
If you are a web enthusiast, this is the fun part. We are talking about using real data to understand how people interact with our website and more importantly, to help them find what they need. We are talking about web usability. (What is web usability?)
The City's web team uses statistics that tell us how people use CABQ.gov. For example,
- 37 percent of our visitors are using a screen resolution of 1024x768
- 33 percent of our visitors are using Internet Explorer while 48 percent are using Firefox, Safari, or Chrome
- 33 percent of our visitors are using a mobile device
We take these parameters into account when making decisions about the website. We have tested the design on a variety of screen resolutions, operating systems, and web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari. If you find a problem, please let us know.
We use web analytics to make decisions
Using modern web analytics, the City's web team is also able to determine what people are clicking on the homepage. We can see, for instance, that Search and A-Z are the most highly used parts of the homepage.
Web statistics tell us that most visitors come to CABQ.gov to find information or solve a problem. In other words, you're here to get stuff done!
We also use one of the most sophisticated (and free!) web analytics engines available -- Google Analytics -- to determine what people are looking for on the City website. We can also determine the most heavily-used parts of the website as well as navigation paths and more.
For example, the image below shows initial navigation paths; the pages visitors click from the home page of cabq.gov.
How We Use Your Feedback
- Increase the visiblity of the Search box
- Remove unused icons
- Group the most visited items into a "Most Popular Pages" set of links
And more! On an ongoing basis, we use web data to make decisions about the City website.