Jun 14, 2000 - ISC Meeting Agendum & Minutes
ONE CIVIC PLAZA
ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO 87103
Meeting Summary for ISC held:
June 14, 2000
1:45 P.M.-3:40 P.M.
Vickie Fisher - DCAO Mayor's Office
Clint Hubbard - CIO - DFAS
Frank Roth - City Council
Mike Gomez - SNL
Jerry Esch - SNL
Connie Beimer - ExOfficio
Review of previous Meeting Summary:
Review of IS Requests over $25K:
· AVI - Mobile Data Workstations (5-0)
· ISD - NT and Netware Tape Backup (5-0)
· ISD - Storage Area Network(SAN) (5-0)
· ISD - Special Assessment Upgrade (5-0)
· ISD - Memory Upgrade (5-0)
· ISD - McAfee Virus Protection (5-0)
Large Project Status Report
Y2K Verbal by Clint Hubbard
Current unencumbered balance approx. $25,000
· Review and approval of standards on the City's website (http://www.cabq.gov/dfa/isd/itstnd.html). TRC will continue to recommend standards to ISC for approval. All IT standards will be published on the City's website. Motion was approved (5-0).
· BCDC Novell Server - BCDC would like for ISD to keep the Novell Server and the old Offender Management System going until the server dies or until BCDC goes under control of the County. Motion was approved (5-0).
· Palm Pilots - Palm Pilots are ungoverned by any standard and many are being purchased using SPO. ISD is devoting one FTE to supporting Palm Pilots. ISC would like some standards and guidelines for the control of this technology. TRC tasked with developing the recommended standards.
· Xerox Purchasing - Looking at City-wide procurement procedure for copiers. City Council also looking at the copier issue. DFAS Purchasing has a copier task force and their recommendation is that copier procurements go through TRC. ISC action deferred until Anna Lamberson, DFAS Director, can discuss the issue with ISC.
· TRC continue to develop and recommend IT standards for the City
· TRC tasked with developing the Palm Pilot standards.
Audience for June 14, 2000
Information Services Committee Meeting
Bob Kochmit ISD
Dan Jones ISD
Bill Zeigler ISD
Jim Parker ISD
Bob Kochmit ISD
Dane VanPelt ISD
Dan Sparacino ISD
Kirby Nelson ISD
Mike Sisneros BCDC
Chuck McCoy PUR
Phil Nelson AVI
Richard Sertich PLA