Translate Our Site

Solid Waste Assisted Pickup

The Solid Waste Management Department provides the services described here for disabled and elderly residents.

Solid Waste Contact

Let us know how we can help:

Individuals that qualify may request this service by downloading and completing the Residential Disability Form

Residential Trash Collection

For regular curbside pick-up of trash and recyclables, Solid Waste Management will provide assistance with carts and recycling for elderly or disabled residents with a doctor's certification.

Call to make arrangements:

  • Telephone: (505) 761-8360 or 311

Household Hazardous Waste

The City of Albuquerque's Solid Waste Department helps the elderly and disabled with disposing household oil and hazardous wastes.

Contact Solid Waste for details:


Solid Waste Management is unable to provide curbside pick-up of glass for recycling.

We can help the disabled assure their glass and medical wastes are properly packaged for regular refuse collection.

Call 311 for glass recycling information:

  • Telephone: 311 or (505) 761-8100
  • TTY: (800) 659-8331