Renovation Work: Solid Waste Convenience Centers
During Construction: No Trailers
No trailers or end dumps allowed during construction (Phase IV Montessa Park).
Albuquerque, NM – Phase I construction has been completed at the Eagle Rock Convenience Center. Stalls re-opened for trailer service on Dec. 12, 2016.
The City's Solid Waste Management Department is spending approximately $850,000 to renovate Eagle Rock and Montessa Park Convenience Centers to extend both centers’ longevity and to improve the customer experience. Construction is underway and is expected to be complete this winter and spring, respectively.
The renovation will take place in four phases:
- Phases I complete
- Phase II, Eagle Rock Convenience Center, near the end of 2016
- Phases III and IV, Montessa Park Convenience Center, January 2017 through March 2017
"Under Mayor Berry's leadership, the Solid Waste Management Department is reinvesting in key facilities to ensure the customer experience is the best it possibly can be and that the waste generated within city limits can be appropriately disposed of," said John Soladay, Solid Waste Management Department Director. "This project will extend the life of these key convenience centers."
Renovations are needed at these solid waste facilities to support the level of service they provide daily. The centers will remain open throughout construction, but delays are to be expected. Sixty-eight days have been completed of the 180-day estimate of total construction.
For Customers: Need to Know
What customers need to know:
- Centers will remain open throughout construction, although at reduced capacity.
- Expect delays within the Convenience Centers.
- Please consider using other Convenience Centers as necessary.
- Please read and follow all signage for the quickest visit.
- No trailers will be allowed at Montessa Park during Phase IV construction. Please use Eagle Rock instead.
View Eagle Rock information.
The Solid Waste Management Department has awarded the contract to Weil Construction at a cost of $841,635.40.