Mayor Announces Neighborhood Storm Clean-up
Albuquerque, NM – Mayor Richard J. Berry has enlisted the Solid Waste Department to help residents recover from the massive weekend storm. Clean-up efforts will span from August 5th – 16th, 2013. The Clean City Division of the Solid Waste Management Department will collect green waste debris from the recent storm for citizens that live West of Louisiana, South of Candelaria, North of Gibson and East of the Rio Grande River. Citizens should call 311 to request assistance beginning Monday, August 5. Community members can also utilize the CABQ 311 App to have their green waste picked up.
As a result of the past weekend’s storm includes trees being completely uprooted, roofs being torn off, and the battering of many homes from flying debris. Both private and public properties have taken an enormous hit from this natural disaster.
To participate please take note of the following:
- Cleanup dates August 5 - August 16.
- Citizens must call 311 to schedule a green waste pick-up, request pick up through the CABQ 311 app, or visit cabq.gov. If using the app or the website citizens should select “other” category and in the issue title write “storm debris pick up request”,
- Green waste and branches should be placed at the curb by 7am the day after they schedule a pick-up with 311.
- Green waste will be collected within five business days.
- Green waste and branches out for collection must meet the following criteria:
- Branches must be cut into 6-foot lengths or less.
- Branches must not be greater than 8 inches in diameter.
- Branches must not weigh more than 60 pounds each.
- Leaves must be bagged. (Each bag may not exceed 40 pounds).
- Green waste set out for collection must be placed at least 5 feet away from trash and recycle carts and any other obstructions.
- Only green waste will be collected. (Other yard debris such as fences, sheds, or excess trash will not be collected under this program.)
- There will be no additional charge for this service during the program period of August 5 - August 16.