Construction Begins: Montessa Park Convenience Center
Albuquerque, NM – Construction will begin at Montessa Park Convenience Center on Jan. 23, 2017, and is expected to be completed this spring.
The City's Solid Waste Management Department is spending approximately $850,000 to renovate Eagle Rock and Montessa Park Convenience Centers to extend both centers' longevity and to improve the customer experience.
"Under Mayor Berry's leadership, the Solid Waste Management Department is investing in key facilities to ensure the customer experience is the best it possibly can be and that the waste generated within city limits can be appropriately disposed of," said John Soladay, Solid Waste Management Department Director. "This project will extend the life of these key convenience centers."
Renovations are needed at these solid waste facilities to support the level of service they provide daily. The centers will remain open throughout construction, but delays are to be expected.
What Customers Need To Know
- Montessa Park Convenience Center will remain open throughout construction, although at reduced capacity.
- Expect delays at Montessa Park.
- Please consider using other Convenience Centers as necessary:
- Eagle Rock Convenience Center is located at 6301 Eagle Rock NE. View Eagle Rock map.
- Don Reservoir Convenience Center is located at 114th and Central SW. View Don Reservoir map.
- Please read and follow all signage for the quickest visit.
For more information call 311, TTY 711, or visit the Department of Solid Waste website.