Income Tax Form Assistance
Please bring the following information to your appointment.
- Picture Identification
- Copy of your last year’s tax returns.
- Social Security Cards for all people listed on return.
- W-2 forms for wages.
- Forms including:
- 1099-INT (interest)
- 1099-DIV (dividends)
- All 1099-R (re- tirement)
- SSA-1099 (Social Security Benefit Statement)
- All 1099-B (stock sales) You must have the basis (what you paid) for all sales including mutual funds. Call your broker
- 1099-G (gambling win- nings)
- RRB-1099 (railroad retirement)
- any other 1099 forms.
- Forms reporting income such as jury duty, election work, alimony, etc.
- Medical expenses.
- For age 65 or older, property tax bill and/or rent receipts.
Tax time once again!
If you have a complex return, check with the center before making an appointment.
Some returns are out-of-scope for volunteer assistants.
Appointments can be made starting January 2015.
Please make appointments through the following centers:
Barelas Senior Center
Atlantic & Stover Rooms
Available from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays from Feb. 2 to April 15.
First-come, first served - no appointments accepted or needed.
Bear Canyon Senior Center
Rooms 3 & 4
Available 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays from Feb. 3 to April 14.