Senior Affairs Media Advisories
DSA Media Advisories
Los Volcanes Senior Center Celebrates 25 Years
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
6500 Los Volcanes NW 87121
On Friday, June 19, 2015, the Department of Senior Affairs will celebrate Los Volcanes Day. This event will mark the 25th Anniversary of the opening of the Los Volcanes Senior Center. The event will start with a continental breakfast and the music of La Rondalla de Albuquerque. Throughout the day there will be Flamenco dancers, mariachi music, an arts and crafts fair, a car show, food vendors, a market place for visitors to purchase a variety of items, and a kid’s area with a petting zoo, jumpers, and carnival games. In the afternoon, visitors can dance to the music of Las Garrapatas and Gonzalo.
- RSVP Volunteer Breakfast - 2015
- City of Albuquerque Department of Senior Affairs Hosts the Annual San Isidro Garden Blessing at the Barelas Senior Center
- Mayor Berry and Councilor Benton Celebrate the Grand Opening of the North Valley Senior Center Fitness Room
- Department of Senior Affairs Announces & Recognizes “A Senior I Know” Essay Contest Winners
- Mayor Richard J. Berry, the Mayor's Office of Veterans' Affairs and the Department of Senior Affairs will Honor Our Los Volcanes Senior Veterans
- City of Albuquerque Department of Senior Affairs Presents Frances Lujan's Tarde de Oro
- Mayor Richard J. Berry, the Mayor's Office of Veterans' Affairs and the Department of Senior Affairs will Honor North Domingo Baca Senior Veterans
- Honoring Highland Senior Veterans
- 2014 Prime Time 50+ Expo Today
- The First Annual Department of Senior Affairs Bowling Tournament
- Mayor Berry and Councilor Jones Celebrate Grand Re-Opening of the Bear Canyon Senior Center
- Los Volcanes 50-plus Sports & Fitness Center Dedicated to Mr Joe O Armijo
- The City of Albuquerque Department of Senior Affairs and Albuquerque Public Schools Partner to Address Truancy
- City Of Albuquerque Department Of Senior Affairs And Comfort Keepers Prepare Food Bags In An Effort To Stop Senior Hunger
- The City of Albuquerque's Department of Senior Affairs Honors Their Volunteers at a Recognition Breakfast!
- Department of Senior Affairs Foster Grandparent Program Recognizes Volunteers
- Department of Senior Affairs Senior Companion Program Recognizes Volunteers
- The City of Albuquerque's Department of Senior Affairs and Comfort Keepers Kick Off Stop Senior Hunger Month!
- North Valley Senior Center Festival Internacional - 2015