See something wrong? Report injuries or violations of the law by calling 911.
The time for little monsters, super heroes, and ghosts has arrived again.
Halloween is a wonderful part of the changing seasons. Whether you are trick-or-treating, visiting a haunted house, or attending a holiday party, have fun and stay safe with these Halloween tips.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Start early and end early.
- Wear light-colored clothing or costumes. Use make-up instead of a mask for better visibility.
- Accompany young children while trick-or-treating. Have older children walk with friends, a watch, and a flashlight.
- Agree to the route and an expected arrival time. Make a map of the route for you and your children, and stay in your own neighborhood.
- Use sidewalks or walk facing traffic. Stop, look, and listen at corners or before crossing the street and walk, don't run.
- Be respectful of other people and their property. Stop only at well-lighted houses, and never go inside a stranger's home.
- Always check your children's treats prior to consumption.