Stay safe this Halloween with these tips from the Albuquerque Police Department.
See something wrong? Report injuries or violations of the law by calling 911.
More Halloween Information
The time for little monsters, super heroes, and ghosts has arrived again.
Halloween is a wonderful part of the changing seasons. Whether you are trick-or-treating, visiting a haunted house, or attending a holiday party, have fun and stay safe with these Halloween tips.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Start early and end early.
- Wear light-colored clothing or costumes. Use make-up instead of a mask for better visibility.
- Accompany young children while trick-or-treating. Have older children walk with friends, a watch, and a flashlight.
- Agree to the route and an expected arrival time. Make a map of the route for you and your parents, and stay in your own neighborhood.
- Use sidewalks or walk facing traffic. Stop, look, and listen at corners or before crossing the street and walk, don't run.
- Be respectful of other people and their property. Stop only at well-lighted houses, and never go inside a stranger's home.
- Always check your children's treats prior to consumption.