Add to Calendar
Celebrate National Night out on the first Tuesday of August.
On the first Tuesday of August, neighborhoods throughout Albuquerque are being invited to join forces with thousands of communities nationwide for the National Night Out crime and drug prevention event.
From 7:00 to 9:00 pm residents in Albuquerque and across the nation are asked to lock their doors, turn on outside lights and spend the evening outside with neighbors and police.
Many neighborhoods will be hosting a variety of special events such as block parties, cookouts, parades, visits from police, flashlight walks, contests, youth activities and anti-crime rallies.
National Night Out is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime efforts;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police/community partnerships;
- Renew old acquaintances and establish new friendships by getting to know your neighbor; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know neighborhoods are organized and fighting back
For information on how to participate in National Night Out, please contact Steve Sink, Albuquerque Police Department Crime Prevention Unit, at (505) 924-3600.