Here's some important, basic information you need to know about posting signs in the City of Albuquerque
Sign Regulations within Albuquerque City Limits
Here's some important, basic information you need to know about posting signs in the City of Albuquerque.
It is illegal to post, place or affix or cause to be posted, placed or affixed any commercial handbill, sign, notice, poster or other paper or device calculated to attract the attention of the public at any lamp post, public utility pole, street median, public right-of-way, or shade tree, or upon any public structure or building, except as may be authorized or required by law.
- Various departments throughout the City are responsible for the collection and removal of illegal signs:
- Illegal signs improperly attached to traffic signals, traffic signs, arroyos/bridges and utility poles will be removed and disposed of by the Department of Municipal Development.
- Illegal signs located within non-landscaped street medians will be removed and disposed of by the Solid Waste Management Department.
- Illegal signs placed within parks, landscaped medians or street-scapes within the City will be removed and disposed of by the Parks & Recreation Department.
- The Code Enforcement Division of the Planning Department will enforce the illegal placement of signs on private property.
If you are the owner of illegally placed "political" signs, within the public right-of-way, that have been picked up by the City of Albuquerque, those signs will be stored in a designated 40-yard trash bin located at the City of Albuquerque, Pino Yards facility at 5501 Pino Avenue NE, Albuquerque NM 87109 for 20 days after the election. Individuals will have an opportunity to retrieve their signs (between 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., M - F) before the bin is removed, provided they present a photo ID and check in at the guard station.
All other illegally placed signs will be removed and disposed of by the City.
To report illegal signs, please call the Citizen Contact Center at 311 and tell the operator which picture is similar to what you saw and where it is located.