Volcano Cliffs SDP
Mikaela Renz-Whitmore, 505-924-3932, Long Range Planning
Andrew Webb, 505-768-3161, City Council Services
The Volcano Cliffs SDP is a Rank 3 plan, including goals, policies and regulations for an area of approximately 2,300 acres, located along the volcanic Escarpment of the City’s Northwest Mesa in the Volcano Mesa area. The plan envisions a village center with neighborhood-scale retail and services surrounded by the full range of high-quality housing options within walking and biking distance of these services and open space within the Petroglyph National Monument.
Update as of 8/10/15
On July 9, 2015, text amendments to the Volcano Cliffs SDP were enacted. The City Council voted to approve the amendments on June 22, 2015. These text amendments were requested by a private developer.
The zoning map was not affected, nor were goals and policies changed. The text amendments include the following items:
- Revised residential garage standards
- Revised driveway curb cut widths
The original Volcano Cliffs SDP was adopted by the City Council on May 2, 2011 and can be viewed and downloaded here.
There are several ways you can look up your property to determine the zoning changed by the Volcano Cliffs SDP:
- Find your property in one of the following Unit, Block, and Lot Number Maps
- Visit AGIS Interactive Address Map
- Zoom to the area (Paseo del Norte & Universe Blvd)
- Turn on "Lot Numbers" layer by clicking the circle
- Use the identify button (black circle with "i" in the center) to choose a parcel and find out its Unit, Tract, Block number
- E-mail Mikaela Renz-Whitmore or call 505-924-3932
- Contact the Bernalillo County Clerk to obtain the plat of the Special Assessment District (SAD) 227 or SAD 228:
Have questions about Special Assessment District 228?
- SAD 228 is managed by the Volcano Cliffs Property Owners Association. Contact Dave Heil, President, at 505-228-7189
- Wilson & Company is the project manager for SAD 228. Contact Savina Garcia at 505-348-4000
- City Treasury takes assessment payments. Contact Frances Gonzales at 505-768-3228
Volcano Cliffs is one of three sector development plans being developed for the area referred to as Volcano Mesa. Each plan contains goals, policies, and regulations that address land use, transportation, and environment/open space.
- The Volcano Cliffs Sector Development Plan is south of Paseo del Norte and bordered by the Petroglyph National Monument to the east and Major Public Open Space owned by the City of Albuquerque to the west.
- The Volcano Trails Sector Development Plan is north of Paseo del Norte and west of Universe Boulevard.
- The Volcano Heights Sector Development Plan is north of Paseo del Norte and east of Universe Boulevard.
- Volcano Mesa Map - Three Plan Areas [1.96MB]
Volcano Cliff Units, Blocks and Lots