The Design Review Team (DRT) will focus on design and helping designers and applicants to understand and meet the City's various architectural and site layout standards.
Design Review Team
The DRT is similar to the Pre-Application Review Team (PRT), but is wholly focused on design and helping designers and applicants to understand and meet the City’s various architectural and site layout standards.
- DRT will be for design assistance; process questions/issues will continue to be handled at the Pre-Application Review Team (PRT) meetings.
- The DRT will meet on the first and third Wednesdays of each month with three appointment slots at 1:45 pm, 2:45 pm, and 3:45 pm.
- Team members will include representatives from:
- Long Range Planning;
- Current Planning;
- Code Enforcement (as needed); and
- Other agencies, Departments or Planning Dept. staff as needed or requested.
- When appropriate, the DRT may stamp and sign-off that some final drawings (site plan, building elevations, landscaping plan) are “Reviewed and Compliant with Design Standards” in order to relieve front-counter staff from this task, and potentially expediting building permit review. Grading and Drainage Plans and Traffic Circulation Layouts will still be reviewed by City Hydrology and Transportation Development Services.
- Appointments to be made similar to PRT’s, via the receptionist on the third floor on a first come basis by the Friday prior to the DRT date.
- DRT appointments to begin Wednesday, May 15, 2013.
Make an appointment today by contacting the Planning Department at (505) 924-3860.