Metropolitan Redevelopment Plans
- Rebecca Velarde, Division Manager, Metropolitan Redevelopment - 505-924-3844
On-going Metropolitan Redevelopment Plans:
- Brownfield's Redevelopment (several sites) Ongoing
- Barelas Metropolitan Redevelopment Plan
- South Barelas Industrial Park Metropolian Redevelopment Area
- Central/Highland/Upper Nob Hill Metropolitan Redevelopment Metropolitan Redevelopment Plan - Working to renegotiate De Anza Motor Lodge contract of terms with developer at present.
- Clayton Heights/Lomas Del Cielo Metropolitan Redevelopment Plan -The Clayton Heights MR Area is rich in Albuquerque amenities including the Isotopes Baseball Stadium, Lobo Football Stadium, and The City of Albuquerque BMX /Velodrome. It is a major gateway to Albuquerque's lights from the International Sunport Airport. The Clayton Heights/Lomas del Cielo Metropolitan Redevelopment Plan received final approval by Albuquerque City Council and Mayor Richard J. Berry on Monday, June 7, 2010. The Metropolitan Redevelopment Agency staff would like to thank Clayton Heights/Lomas Del Cielo and surrounding communities for their tireless effort and dedication toward the redevelopment of this promising Albuquerque area.
- Downtown Metropolitan Redevelopment Plan
- Los Candelarias Village Center and Metropolitan Redevelopment Plan - Completed MRA Plan in 2006.
- Martinez Town/Santa Barbara Metropolitan Redevelopment Area
- McClellan Park Metropolitan Redevelopment Area
- Near Heights Metropolitan Redevelopment Plan - Encompasses the State of New Mexico and City of Albuquerque's newly designated International District.
- Near Heights Metropolitan Redevelopment Expansion Plan - The Near Heights MRA Area and The Near Heights MRA Expansion Area are important components of the newly designated City and State International District and home to the Ta Lin International Market, curling stone Chinese dragon and world culture tiled obelisks decorating the sidewalks at Louisiana Blvd. and Central Avenue. The Near Heights MRA Expansion Plan received final approval by Albuquerque City Council and Mayor Richard J. Berry on Monday, June 7, 2010. The Metropolitan Redevelopment Agency staff would like to thank the Near Heights communities for their exceptional input and support of the redevelopment process in this diverse and evolving area of Albuquerque.
- North Fourth Street Rank III Corridor Plan - The North Fourth Street Rank III Street Corridor Plan was reviewed by the Land Use, Planning and Zoning Committee of Albuquerque City Council on Wednesday, February 10, 2010; The Committee referred the Plan to be reviewed by the Full City Council on Monday, March 15, 2010 at 5:00 p.m. City Council approved the North Fourth Street Rank II Street Corridor Plan and Background ad Resources with amendments on March 15, 2010.
- Phoenix Avenue Metropolitan Redevelopment Area
- Sawmill/Wellspark Metropolitan Redevelopment Plan
- Sawmill Phase II Housing Development Agreement (65 Live/Work units) Senior Housing Groundbreaking Ceremonies held February 24, 2010
- South Broadway Metropolitan Redevelopment Plan
- Soldiers and Sailors Park Metropolitan Redevelopment Area
- St. Joseph Hospital Metropolitan Redevelopment Area
- Sycamore Metropolitan Redevelopment Area
- Tingley Beach Metropolitan Redevelopment Area
- West Central Metropolitan Redevelopment Area - UNMH has purchased a two acre tract of land at the corner of Unser Boulevard and Central Avenue to construct a new clinic.