Electrical, Elevator, Plumbing, & Mechanical
Inspections include everything from the devices that heat your water, to the boilers that provide a controlled climate we enjoy in our homes or in any public facility, to the elevator/escalators we use when we shop or visit any multi-story structure.
- Code Compliance with the 2009 Uniform Plumbing and Mechanical Code, the 2009 New Mexico Plumbing Code, and the
- Plumbing/Mechanical Permits
- Mechanical and Plumbing Inspection Scheduling
- Mechanical and Plumbing Inspection Records (Documentation of Inspections and permits)
- Bi-Annual/Annual Inspections of High/Low Pressure Boilers
- Bi-Annual/Annual Inspections of Elevator/Escalators and Dumbwaiters
This Section's Administrative Staff schedules inspections, issues permits and provides assistance to the public regarding our Section's policies and permitting procedures.
The Building Safety division is located on the Garden Level of the Plaza Del Sol building at 600 Second Street NW. The office is open during regular business hours Monday through Friday. For more information, contact the Mechanical Inspection Section at (505) 924-3322.