Homeowner's How-To Guide
Where to Start
We know that starting any home improvement project can be exciting, but it can also be a bit intimidating. As a homeowner, you don’t always know where to begin and that’s why we’re here to assist you from the beginning to the end of your project.
Below you’ll find the most commonly used permit applications for smaller, homeowner construction jobs. These jobs range from remodeling to small additions to minor repairs.
The Building permit office is located at 600 2nd St., N.W., Albuquerque New Mexico 87102 and the hours of operation are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. You may contact our permit desk with questions during regular business hours at (505) 924-3969.
How To Apply For...
- Covered Patio/Porch/Carport Permit
- Demolition Permit
- Garage Conversion Permit
- Patio Enclosure Permit
- Residential Addition Permit
- Residential New Construction Permit
- Residential Re-Roofing Permit
- Storage/Accessory Building Permit
- Wall/Fence Permit - 6ft tall and under
- Application - Walls 6ft tall and under
- Wall/Fence Permit - over 6ft tall
- Application - Walls over 6ft tall
Other Homeowner Resources
- Adopted Construction Codes
- Homeowner's Responsibility for Obtaining a Permit
- KIVA All Building Permits Report - Searchable
- Minimum Roof Slopes per Materials
- Planning Department General Fee Schedule
- Site Plan Sample
- Tiny Home Construction Guidelines