Information about volunteering with Animal Welfare.
Interested in helping Albuquerque's homeless animals?
Our volunteer program has a variety of options for anyone wanting to help homeless, stray, or abused animals either directly or indirectly.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteers must attend a city presentation.
- Certain volunteer positions require additional training.
- Eastside Lobby Greeter - Meet the public in our lobby and answer questions as necessary.
- Special Events - Animal Welfare sponsors regularly scheduled special community and in-house events at which we need volunteer help.
- Kennel/Cattery Assistants - We need volunteers to assist kennel staff with cleaning and assisting potential adopters.
- Dog Walkers - Needed to walk dogs in the early morning and late evening and assit potential adopters.
- Animal Transport Program - Experienced drive to transport shelter animals to offsite special events and other shelters.
- Promotional Booths - Volunteers needed to promote Animal Welfare programs and animal adoptions at offsite events.
Lucky Paws Volunteers
The City of Albuquerque Lucky Paws Adoption Center is seeking highly enthusiastic people to serve as Volunteer Pals at our new adoption center in Coronado Center.
Volunteer duties include:
- Assist potential adopters through counseling and facilitate customer and animal interactions
- Assist with pet merchandising sales
- Care for animals housed at Lucky Paws
- Answer questions about City animal ordinances and regulations
- Assist staff and public with excellent customer service
- And much more!
Volunteers must be able to make a weekly time commitment and be at least 18 years old.