Pet Adoption Event in June to Empty All Albuquerque Animal Shelters
The City of Albuquerque Animal Welfare Department and Animal Humane New Mexico are hosting a joint large-scale adoption event this June with the hopes to “Klear the Kennels.”
Through a grant awarded from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®), Albuquerque’s ASPCA Community Partnership was created to increase pet adoptions and decrease owned animal surrenders city-wide.
With the goal of increasing shelter pet adoptions in 2016, Animal Humane New Mexico and the Albuquerque Animal Welfare Department will be hosting a weekend adoption event called Klear the Kennels from June 4 – 5.
- All pets over 6 months will be available for a $10 adoption fee, which includes their necessary vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery and microchip.
- With extended hours on Saturday, June 4 from 10 am – 7:30 pm
- Sunday, June 5 from 10 am – 6 pm
- Food trucks and live remote radio broadcasting will be at select locations for this family-friendly event.
Animal Humane New Mexico
- Main Virginia Street Campus: 615 Virginia St. SE
- Westside Adoption Center: 10141 Coors Blvd. NW
Albuquerque Animal Welfare
- Eastside Shelter: 8920 Lomas Blvd. NE
- Westside Shelter: 11800 Sunset Gardens Rd. SW
- Lucky Paws Adoption Center: 6600 Menaul Blvd. NE (In Coronado Mall)