Add to Calendar
Celebrating the unique qualities of our furry friends
The City of Albuquerque Animal Welfare Department is hosting a National Pit Bull Awareness Day event on Saturday, October 26 at all city shelters.
The National Pit Bull Awareness Campaign is a nationwide effort to bring positive awareness and attention to the Pit Bull Terrier. National Pit Bull Awareness Day was established as a day to educate and foster positive communications and experiences in the communities in which we and our dogs live. It is a special day to focus on these incredible dogs and a day to change perceptions and stereotypes.
Plenty to do:
- $20 adoption fee for all Pit breeds and mixes 1 year and older – free goodie bag with every adoption
- Free Pit Bull 101 info booklets will be available for Pit Bull owners and prospective adopters.
- The event will feature professional training advice for your Pit Bull
- Staff and volunteers will be on hand to provide assistance and guidance for prospective adopters.
- Free public spay/neuter surgery coupons for owners of Pit Bull and Pit mixes. Albuquerque residents only
- Free public micro-chip for Pit Bulls and Pit mixes only (East & West shelters) - check in at customer service - take your pet to intake. Albuquerque residents only
- Pet-related businesses have agreed to participate
- Each adoption includes spay or neuter, microchip, all vaccinations required by law and license.
- Do not bring your pet to the shelter to pick up the surgery coupon. There will be a phone number on the coupon for you to call and make an appointment for your pet.
When: Saturday, October 26
Where: Eastside shelter – 8920 Lomas Blvd. NE, 10:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Westside shelter – 11800 Sunset Gardens SW, 10:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Lucky Paws – 6600 Menaul NE in Coronado Mall, 11:30 a.m.–7:30 p.m.