Live Music & Full Moon Concert
The City of Albuquerque Open Space Visitor Center celebrates the gradual change of seasons - we enjoy the Bosque, the Sandias, and our West Mesa in a new way in the cooling temperatures and changing daylight. Twenty-one acres of agricultural fields, the edge of the Bosque, and the backdrop of the Sandias at sunset.
The Full Moon concert presents a companion activity to enhance your experience: Learn to lasso with Slim Randles.
Event: A Picnic with The Buckarettes
Please bring a blanket or chairs and enjoy these local musicians on our back patio – a patio with a view to be experienced.
Video: The Buckarettes
Food Truck: Fresco New Mexico, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Sandwiches: (includes artisan bread, kale, tomato, & onion with pickled seasonal vegetables & black bean salad as sides)
- Caprese with hummus, avocado, & roasted red pepper & vinaigrette (V)
- Turkey with mustard, green chile, & provolone cheese
- Ham with cream cheese, capers, & cheddar cheese
- Peanut butter with jelly & fresh strawberries on banana bread
Salads: (includes Chipotle ranch, mustard, or Balsamic dressing)
- Kale & spinach with tomatoes, carrot, quinoa, goat cheese, walnuts (V)
- Black bean with Feta cheese, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno, & tomato (V)
- Chicken salad with avocado vinaigrette served in lettuce cups (GF)
Desserts: Fruit salad with seasonal fruit, mint, & agave syrup (V & GF) & Baked goods assortment
About the Visitor Center
The Open Space Visitor Center is an interpretive hub for the Open Space program, lands, and resources. Visitors enjoy educational exhibits, art displays, wildlife fields, a Traditions garden, Bosque trails, and a variety of talks, workshops, demonstrations and entertainment.